sprockets Hans Donuts Featured USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

new stuff

TheSpleen

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Why do you have Nipsy Russel pretending to be President?

Actually, the only amusing Obama-cature I've seen so far is what Tom Toles does in the Washington Post. And that's just a few squiggles. It won't work in 3D.

6a00e55178b8988833011278db4a7128a4_800wi.jpglargeimagett090920.giflargeimagett090922.gif

I don't think anyone has nailed it yet. He's a bit like Gerald Ford in that he presents no remarkable features for exaggeration. He's black and that is novel for a President but the cartoonists who try to derive their satire from that seem to be the most unfunny. It's not the defining attribute. It's not that essence that makes for caricature.

Richard Nixon had a unique nose and jowls that became iconic, but Obama being black... well, him and 40 million other people in this country.

I saw some video of the new Obama robot in Disney's Hall of Presidents. It look nothing like him. It's like they decided "Will Smith is close enough, right?"

It's all down to your style and how you personally interpret his character but I think you could raise his eyes slightly, make his forehead narrower and give him a very broad mouth. His smile is his most prominent feature I think. Here is a quick start on my Barack's head:

post-183-1253980121_thumb.jpg

Barack_A00b.mov

Needs more work and more exaggeration.