Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Truck

agep

I've seen a few Lego models made with A:M earlier, and since I played with Lego all the time as a kid I wanted to model a Lego model myself. Yet again I went to a toy store and bought a toy. I must say that I don't like all the new special bricks they make now, I miss the good old Lego. Anyway, I went for a truck (with a push_forward_engine), and after a few days here is the result: I've made every single brick (with bevels everywhere), even the bricks not visible, no cheating, cause I wanted to test the Newton plug-in on this one. Unfortunately I have had no luck with the plug-in yet, need to experiment some more.

I've attached two renders, one standard AO with a light and one radiosityrender. Both are rendered in v14 (v14 is a lot faster than v13!)

Let me know what you think

bets regards

Stian

lego.jpg legoracer.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brilliant.

Can I ask questions?

How long does it take to render this? Do you have a light setup that you always use and drop the models into it? Is it 3 point lighting, or lots of kliegs? Do you use A:M Composite?

(I was recently storing away my 16 yr old son's lego (sniff!) and he built those special models just once, but I noticed that in the last couple of years the only bricks he used were the original rectangular blocks.)

Thanks for your comments. The radiosityrender os an updated old one. The "white" render uses AO and a single Klieg, while the radiosity render uses 20 klieg as a roof light. Both renders took approximately 3hr a frame in v14 (and over 14hr in v13). as a side note I can mention that the total amount of patches in this model is 31K