• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am working on a cartoon car.

Niels

Well done, Niels.

The "dent" catches the eye because the rest of the car is in smooth curves, but I'll bet it was a deliberate choice, and that is the modelers perogative, even if it drives others crazy. <g>

Cool job!

Excellent car design. Reminds me of something out of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Lovely animation too. Although, having it jostle up and down a bit in reaction to the engine working would help to give it even more character (not that you don't already have that in spades with your design). Beautiful job!

- Michael

• Admin

Very cute cartoon car Neils. :)

I love your little animation too.

Everything but the Hash sign. Nothing against Hash but fix that!

Put up a real billboard or something.

The little pufts of smoke from the car... great touch!

Neils.

Is it a setup?... :)

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...rt=#entry218728

I could reply... "If your eyes and brain were connected you should be able to really see...", nah, I won't do that since I agree with the Scripture: insults may teach but it will pass the student. :)

Rodney, could you persuade me the principle why, "'Hash-sign' on the billboard" is really wrong/weird? This considering being a work-in-progress movie-post...

Niels

ps.

Rodney, there's no blame/setup/insult in 'Niels' or 'Neils', it would be pronounced (nearly) the same in english :)

• Admin
Rodney, there's no blame/setup/insult in 'Niels' or 'Neils', it would be pronounced (nearly) the same in english

Good thing as I misspell words often. I know a more Neals and Neils than Niels.

It is important to get peoples names spelled right (and not call them George when their name is Fred).

Mistakes happen though.

Trust me... if I insult someone... they'll know it.

I'll be the lesser man though.

As far as the billboad... just a suggestion.

While its great to support Hash Inc its better to keep your own vision going.

I make a distinction between support and art.

Maybe your animation is meant to support Hash.

If that is the case a Hash sign is perfect. :)

While its great to support Hash Inc its better to keep your own vision going.

I make a distinction between support and art.

I don't always walk for my own vision and sometimes support is art. :)

Maybe your animation is meant to support Hash.

If that is the case a Hash sign is perfect. :)

Well, like I said earlier, I first intend to let it say "No drivers allowed(on this part of the road)", but I changed it to a landscape and added later-on "Hash", support may be the best description. In the back of my mind thinking, if this only will be played back through the Hash-site it's nice for A:M, on the other hand, I still remember reading from polygonist in some forums(over a year ago), they doubt if all models were really created in A:M in the first place, I know all models could be, this since deliberate import as props is an option(which I haven't used yet).

Niels

Yes, I know Treeez, it comes standard with v13, I did make some tree's with it but it does give a certain particular tree, I like having it, but my feel tends to respond, drawing a 1 spline trunk add some spline for branches onto the trunkknot may give faster and easier tree's, of course not to replace Treeez.

Niels

You should keep in mind, that children can only comprehend a certain detail-level.

A dutch-draw-artist Dick Bruna shows this principle very well with 'Nijntje' for the real youngsters.

Children interpret little already as much. As teach-device nowadays the '2 pictures whats the difference' is offered.

Niels