Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Herbie gets blasted

Hi

I spent the last few days messing around with froggy wild west shoot out. This is just the humble beginnings. This is nowhere near the final level. The buildings will not be all the same texture and height. They are just there for my basic layout. I have a start on the stable and the general store though. I will need to make tons of props and stuff. My friend jin kazama is going to help me out.

I'm gonna spend the rest of the week in torque working on the two game. I will do more to froggy shoot out on the weekend and keep you updated.

Here's the wmv at 2.5 mb:

http://www.3dfrog.com/wips/froggyshootout/herbieblast4.wmv

Thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jandals

Frog blast the vent core!

Looks cool, Dennis. I wish I'd seen more of the frog but the costume looks good. And nothing says "wild west" like an uzi :)

Thanks for looking guys and for commenting. lol, I forgot to mention the uzi will not be in the game, that is just a stock weapon that game with the software.

If you wanna see herbie close up go to www.3dfrog.com and click froggy shoot out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gerry.

That is just the default sky when you run test game. You cant change it in the test, only in the final build. I am using a more blue, brighter sky for the final. Most of the levels will be indoors though so you wont see the sky too much.

Nice work Dennis.

I kinda like the darker sky...seems more forboding.

Reminds me of the sky in one of the old Star Trek episodes where there's a shootout at the OK Corral, except the sky was red...

Well, I will have this townsquare between each indoor level. Maybe I can use different skies and lighting effects between each one then have the final shoot out at night time. That might be cool.

Thanks Greg :)

Dennis, the frog is meant to be a parody of the Quake logo. When Mike mentioned Unreal I thought Quake for some reason and quickly did this for a bit of fun. Very rough and drawn with a mouse. I'm sure that you can come up with something much better.

Keep up the good work.

I wasn't familiar with the quake logo, I looked it up, now I see it. It is really funny. I didn't even think of making a cool catchy logo. You have inspired me.

That is pretty sweet for something you just whipped up for fun. You have a lot of talent.

"Parody Video Games".....

that could be a HUGE market.

You know, take the first person shooters that try to be all serious and stuff, and populate them with

cute funny creatures.....but with real bad attitudes!

Paul, the logo is great.

Dennis, if you're looking for contribution models, maybe we could gather some from the community.

Could you even use a model with medium to high patch count or would it be to heavy to use?

could you give the frog character a tongue weapon, or utility to grab out of reach objects, special guns and stuff?

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I agree. Parody games could be huge if done well. I don't know how many copies of Quake were sold but anyone who was a fan would want to play Croak for the laughs.

We should develop this more seriously!

Um. I mean we should seriously develop this with more humour.

I welcome any models that would fit in with a wild west theme. I am already using a couple of models from the hash community. If they have high patch counts I can reduce them. I got my frog from about 3000 polys to 1500 polys and kept him looking like I wanted.

Anyone who wants to contribute models will have their name in the credits and get a free copy of the game. If I make a lot of money with it by some weird chance I will pay a little something to the contributers for helping. But I am not expecting to make much.

I am not charging much for the game, I just want to get something back if I can, I invest a lot of time and money in this.

I may be able to create a tongue weapon. I would have a tongue where the gun would usually be then it shoots out. It would be pretty easy to make and animate. I don't know how easy it would be to make it hit and cause damage though. That may require special scripting. I think there is a hand to hand combat script for the engine, I have to check, that might be able to be utilised for this. Unless I make a reaaaallly long tongue and have it hit like a bullet.

I am glad people have interest in my game :) That makes me feel good and helps me carry on.

Waheed, I will get a list to you today. I know you've been waiting. I've just been obsessed with this town square level.