sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Dumb things

Shelton

• *A:M User*

Sometimes in life we do dumb things.

It has been hot here for the last few weeks. Today was around 100, cool front! Our three standard poodles got out of our fence thanks to a neighbor boy forgetting to shut the fence gate. I realized they were not in the back yard I went out the front door with bare feet. I ran down the street (which is a huge deal for me as I have not been able to run since knee replacement two years ago) for two blocks. I could not find the dogs so I ran back to the house to get my car... Well the good news is all three dogs were found and are safe back in the house.

The dumb thing is I was running with bare feet on asphalt with the temps around 100. Yes I have blisters all over the bottom of my feet from burns. I did not realize they were burnt until we got the dogs home. Now I can't stop thinking of how much my feet hurt!

I can remember growing up in Fort Worth and went every where with bare feet in the middle of summer and never thought anything about it. Oh to be a kid again :rolleyes:

Steve

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I don't care what the climate deniers say, I think streets are getting hotter.

I've never gone barefoot anywhere since i moved to Texas 30 years ago because I read there's some ghastly parasite common in the dirt around here.

But I do miss going barefoot.