Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mysterious object/bone

Roger

• *A:M User*

Hello

I am not really sure what the yellow dot is done at the bottom near the origin and between the feet. I wonder if it is the model bone, but it doesn't seem to have any scale to it and if I rotate around it it appears to be a singel point. It has the name of a previous project ( think I opened that project and save it with a new name) and if I right-click it and choose delete my entire penguin disappears (which leads me to think it is the model bone but I thought normally those aren't visible?). Also when it is selected all the points on the left-hand side (right if you are looking at the model) are selected. Any ideas as to what the heck this might be?

mysterious_object.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I moved it from where it was and it does appear to be a bone, when I moved it diagonally from where it was it scaled way up and is a black bone. So I am thinking it

maybe is the model bone after all.

If it is the model bone, shouldn't it be larger and not scaled down so you can't see it? Is this bone not normally visible? When I start reassigning points, are they no

longer going to be assigned to this model bone? Also I can't figure out why it is scaling when I move it around, I don't have scale selected on the toolbar just "standard mode".

this is a bone that exists in every model, try clicking on it and all cp's, unrelated to a bone you create, will flash.

Ok so I don't need to be overly concerned with it. Shouldn't it be larger though? I don't remember scaling it down that small. Also, how do I deselect it so if I start assigning points I'm assigning them to the bones I want and not the model bone? If I click off the model it seems like that bone is automatically selected.

this is a bone that exists in every model, try clicking on it and all cp's, unrelated to a bone you create, will flash.

Ok so I don't need to be overly concerned with it. Shouldn't it be larger though? I don't remember scaling it down that small. Also, how do I deselect it so if I start assigning points I'm assigning them to the bones I want and not the model bone? If I click off the model it seems like that bone is automatically selected.

You can make the model bone any length you want. I am not sure what/how the default length is determined when one starts a new model. All cps are assigned to the model bone at first, until they get reassigned to some other bone.

To correct what you seem to be experiencing (you must have inadvertently monkeyed with it), change the length in the model bone properties.

To assign cp's to bones other than the model bone, select the bone you want (eg leg), and then select the cps, using the selection tools shown on my right hand side of the screen grab

modelboneprop.jpg