sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Christmas animation 2010

Gerry

Here's the animatic for our Holiday animation. It's pretty rough but cobbled together mainly to get the timing to match the music. This year we actually commissioned original music!!! so we don't have to sneak around and be "careful" of who we show it to. I've already posted the animatic on YouTube and will be posting WIP renders.

The actual gingerbread house was modeled and rigged by Holmes and he did a great job on it. It'll be fun to get it moving! the closing shot of the dancing company logo will be done by my cohort, Randy, so what's in the animatic is just a placeholder. I'm sure he'll do something terrific.

EDIT:: THIS IS A NEWLY UPLOADED FILE WITH STEEEREO SOUND.

2010Animatic_h264.mov

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Robert. We have been so slammed with work I just kind of walked my boss through it with a pencil sketch even before I did the storyboards and she just let me run with it. In the past I've storyboarded and pitched three concepts and we would kick it back and forth. But there was no time this year! she hasn't seen the storyboards, the animatic or even heard the music.

D'ohh! it uploaded without the music! Very sorry gents. I'll re-upload. Sorry.

Okay, new file in the first post with music. It's not reggae, Holmes, but it's a toe-tapper! I think it's the music that will make folks watch this more than once.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I have been unable to post any progress reports but this year's animation was done on the fly and there are some rough patches that I pretty much have to live with. I'm sorely tempted to go back to this after the holidays and get it right but you know how that goes!

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Final_quality_render_h264.mov

WOW! fabulous! love it - the best yet! Happy, Happy & Merry, Merry to you too!

(especially love the icing progressively appearing on the roof - wonderful ! - how did you? Holmes? do that?)

I'm getting ready to go out of town, so I don't have a lot of time to write a description, but the candy cane I've attached uses the same principle. If you examine the pose, you'll see that I used Hold interpolation. You can also use Spline or Zero Slope, but it is a lot more work.

candy_cane.zip