Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

puffy cartoony exhaust

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, seems I didn`t make myself quite clear here.

My scribble was just meant to illustrate these small seperated puffy clouds,

but not meant to be rendered in toonshader.

Just normal fx smoke with these certain shape and animation.

You cartoon clouds are looking very good though.

Thank you.

any mat emitter anybody that makes that puffy clouds?

HEY NOW!

2 weeks ago I was driving home from work in my 2000 Ford Focus (167,000 miles, running great) and smelled smoke. 3 minutes later, the car was engulfed in flames... police, fire dept, crowd of gawkers etc. it was not the motor...it was a dash-wire short that...caught on fire! The entire car was totalled...windshield burst...airbags deployed...seats and dash/interior looked like a bomb had gone off, I stood by and watched helplessly.

I just happened to like the car so much... I bought another one! (I do not drive imported automobiles...)

Now, I keep a fire extinguisher and a bag of marshmallows on hand...

Very nice, now it looks like a FORD hehe

I think the smoke rising that quickly makes the car look like it has come in for a difficult landy rather than driving flat on the ground. You probably only want that smoke to rise only a little bit and have it increase in size as it gets older, say 1000% larger than when it was emitted and a lot more transparent.

• Hash Fellow
I think the smoke rising that quickly makes the car look like it has come in for a difficult landy rather than driving flat on the ground. You probably only want that smoke to rise only a little bit and have it increase in size as it gets older, say 1000% larger than when it was emitted and a lot more transparent.

yes, but any ideas how to achieve that?

Forces have a box that shows their size like lights do. The force that pushes the particles up could be made short enough that it runs out after the particles have risen just a foot or so.

Or... the force could be following the car so the particles get left behind and aren't pushed up by it anymore.

I messed around with some of the sprite properties, and found out what works to get that sort of look. I then opened up the smoke material off of the extra CD and modified it to make it have similar properties to my test. This is what I have come up with so far. It needs a little more tweaking, but I think it's looking good so far.

post-7957-1272741096_thumb.jpg

HashsmokeEdited.zip

Thanks, Gene. :)

Don't forget, Jake, that your particles can also display image sequences:

post-183-1272908998_thumb.jpg

Trails18.mov

The only problem, as you can see, is that all the particles are displaying the same frame of the sequence at the same time. You can get around this to some degree by using several emitters with the timing adjusted to start on a different frame of the sequence.

The one with the flying saucer is quite near.

(maybe you could post the emiitor hear? just asking?)

But I guess, finally I almost like the clouds from Robert`s little rocket best.

I myself experimented with modeled clouds, with no decent results yet, though.

At the moment due to daily work, it`s hard to find time for more......