sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

small update to WIP

TheSpleen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

So far so very good!

I was just getting settled in when the projector broke. ;)

Better hurry up and fix that thing or the audience is going to form a lynchin' mob.

I like the pace you've got going thus far.

There is one suggestion I'd like to forward.

You've got a lot on your plate with this so I don't expect you to actually do it.

But I offer it up by way of feedback.

When the character is launched over the bar I'm not sure if you have time for it but I'd suggest stopping him short of the fall and holding him there for a moment. Then as soon as we can see him... let him fall. It would be especially effective if we see the character's face before the fall.

Great fun, Spleen! :D

Perhaps you could establish that there is someone sitting on that bull in the opening shot so that

I have just had a good laugh watching all of your other videos on YouTube.

Rough but very spontaneous and entertaining.

--------

Myron, do you have any more songs laying around?;)

There's more to come with the song that makes me excited to see what Gene is going to do. From the beginning the tune has called for a Texan's touch. As you can tell his character has become my avatar :D

Paul, if you're really interested drop me a line at myron{at}newbergmusiccenter{dot}com. Let's chat.

Rough but very spontaneous and entertaining.

You are correct.

very rough indeed. But each video I do seems to get a little bit better.

Over time I will perfect everything.

I have had the program 5 months now. And I think I bit off more than I could chew. LOL

But as long as I keep plugging away at it I will improve B)

When the character is launched over the bar I'm not sure if you have time for it but I'd suggest stopping him short of the fall and holding him there for a moment. Then as soon as we can see him... let him fall. It would be especially effective if we see the character's face before the fall.

Rodney great suggestion. By now that choreography is gone.

I shall keep that in mind though as that guy has alot of slamming into things yet to go. LOL

GENE

You are correct.

Absolutely! That was not meant as a discouraging criticism, Spleen, just stating the obvious I suppose and encouraging you to keep pushing on all fronts. In fact the roughness of the animation, and the weighting in the models, has it's own charm and with just a little cleanup could develop into a valid style of your own. You are working faster than most and with that come some sacrifices. In the 5 months that you have had A:M you have completed more shorts than I have in the more than a decade that I have had it. In fact I have never fully completed a short in A:M so dont take my comment to heart too much. I wouldn't want you to lose any of your spontanaity.

Your shorts always make me laugh.

In a good way! In a Good way! :D

You are correct.

Absolutely! That was not mean as a discouraging criticism, Spleen, just stating the obvious I suppose and encouraging you to keep pushing on all fronts. In fact the roghness of the animation, and the weighting in the models, has it's own charm and with just a little cleanup could develop into a valid style of your own. You are working faster than most and with that come some sacrifices. In the 5 months that you have had A:M you have completed more shorts than I have in the more than a decade that I have had it. In fact I have never fully completed a short in A:M so dont take my comment to heart too much. I wouldn't want you to lose any of your spontanaity.

Your shorts always make me laugh.

In a good way! In a Good way! :D

Oh I took nothing bad! LOL

I too see the roughness.

And yes it will evolve slowly. I have a fairly tough skin and often laugh at my own self.

And to be honest....I animate and design to make myself laugh. And if I accomplish that then I have succeeded!

And in turn others as well will laugh too. B)

Lookin good, Gene! I hope the Old Guy ends up with the Hot Chick. :wub:

Do I need to send you another copy of the tune to get rid of that sound glitch?

who knows by the end.

I write the action frame by frame as I go. No Script except the song itself.

Thanks! :D

I believe what is causing that is a missing 1 or 2 frames.

not sure how to fix it. I can try to figure out what marks that whole scene is and recreate it.

adding a frame or 2. I dont have the choreography saved but I could redo it if I know the correct time marks,

Today was a great day to animate.

Got more done today than in the last 3 days! And several "happy" accidents just magically appeared.

Very very pleased with todays output.

Strange animating as I do with no notes or storyboard. Sometimes magic just happens.

I have no plans and just start working and animating and things just sort of happen.

And I kinda like it like that! I get stuff I would never have imagined otherwise.

Good day.

• Admin

Hee Hee! That's the stuff!

You are on to something great here.

A little more face time with these characters especially as they quickly pop in and out of view could do wonders. Just a little more time... just enough to read the faces... nothing more.

The principle of (playing) peak-a-boo is a strong element of comedy but I perceive the image must remain on screen long enough to register with the audience to be fully effective. When characters pop in and out of camera its inherently funny. But don't steal the payoff away from the audience too quickly. Refine the movement/moments to heighten that sense of comedy. Especially if you can get the audience's eye on these silly character's faces.

remember the free guitar model I gave out?

I mentioned how I added cp's on the strings for later animation?

Well I set them to slider poses and started MJL's solo part.

It is coming out better than I imagined! The moving strings make it look awesome!

You can download the guitar in my other post and examine the strings near the sound hole.

It is a major help and a touch that enhances the video greatly! ;)

Note to Rodney:

I very much pay attention to all your advice and you will notice I try to incorporate them into the videos.

I tried slowing the guy down when he hit on the last couple but perhaps not enough.

Next time he hits that wall I will go for a more SPLAT! kinda thing,

I think the people popping in and out is true too but..............I like how they are now...a tease kinda.

But they have several chorus's of that and more face time it shall be in the coming frames!

Thank you,

Gene :D

I am very much excited to see what they come up with!

Thanks, Spleen!

I'm sure that Myron is wondering too. ;) I have been working on some very rough storyboards and have started an animatic to see how it works but there is a great deal to do. Myron will get an update in the next day or two and we'll see how it goes from there.

I am very much excited to see what they come up with!

Thanks, Spleen!

I'm sure that Myron is wondering too. ;) I have been working on some very rough storyboards and have started an animatic to see how it works but there is a great deal to do. Myron will get an update in the next day or two and we'll see how it goes from there.

My advice is dive right into it and have fun! And that fun will show through!

Lookin Good, Gene! You're over halfway through the song now. The smoke from the bull adds a lot. Your video really captures the fun of the song.

JohnL3D set that up for me with a pose slider!

I suck at special effects but after this video I make try and tackle one or two new effects to add to my arsenal.

John was nice enough to set that up for me and it was much appreciated!