Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A face I've been working on for a couple of days

I have been trying to understand rigging and animation lately so I have not done any new modeling aside from some tweaking to previous models. So I decided to play around and came up with this.

0.jpg

5.jpg

And these are the scenes I have been working with to test out bones and animation. The animation is pretty bad so I wont post that. Crits always welcome

6.jpg

hg.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

The model is actually rendered with both sss and a.o. I forgot to mention the ear was made by William Gaylord. Here is the link to the ear. Thank you William. I did tweak it a bit and took away a good many patches because my computer is very slow. Here are the settings for Ambient Occlussion in the choreography.

ao.JPG

Here are the settings for the "face group"

sss.JPG

And these are for the rendering

render.JPG

This is a choreography for the lighting I use. A simple 2 light setup. If you dont use a.o turn up the intensity on the keylight.

sssao.cho

Here is a head (same one from a previous post) that has the sss settings that you can use.

zhead.mdl

I always like your models, and they look inspiring for animation too.

I like your image with the gray ground, but you need more light to show the face expreession

on the guy with the ball.

Michel

Thanks Animus

I used A.O on that and had the Ambiance Intensity set to 100% as well as the Occlusion. I am not quite sure how to direct the light in that case without causing there faces to be washed out.

Hey guys I kinda forgot some of the settings.

On this model I decided to play with and use these shader settings for the skin. I dont know how they effect the final render cuz it was my 1st time using them.

untitled1.JPG

I also want to make sure I put the right light settings

fill light:

untitled2.JPG

key light:

untitled3.JPG

And these were the original settings for A.O.

untitled.JPG

and 1 more face I dont really like it but the render settings are similar

f2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I was listening to blues the other day and came up with this character. This time I am gonna actually try and finish him and build a whole scene, I just cant decide if he's gonna be in a juke joint with a band or outside on his porch all by himself. Ideas and crits are welcome.

blues.jpg

Thanks guys

My rendertime with sss usually only takes a few seconds to 2 minutes depending on my lighting. My computer is 800 megahertz and I have 256mb of ram with a 10gb hard drive thats 80% full hehe. I usually only use 2 lights but on this I used Yves Skylights. The render time went up because of that. It took 16 minutes to render 9 passes. I always scale the model very small in relationship to the lights and then test the render until I get the look I want without the artifacts. this seems to cut down the render time considerably. I used sss for all of the sufaces and groups on the little kid characters I modeled and they only took on average 40 seconds to render with 1 pass.

I decided to make sure I was giving you the right info

Here is screen grab of the the cho. with the extinction rates, density and size of the model in relation to the lights. It took 1 min 10 secs to render.

cho.JPG

and here is the render (no textures)

yy1.jpg

I decided to model the whole body and use some type of rig. I was making things to hard on myself the way I modeling him before. Anyways here is a rendering of the progress so far. I still have some modeling to do on the pants and I want to make some suspenders for him. Oh and never mind the loud tie I just used the first color map I could find.

bl1.jpg