sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Tunned and dirty !!!!

Salve Spliners :

I modeled a Plymouth Breeze for a client and I resolved to play whit it.... dust and some colors here ... decals there.... dust ...materials .... actions... dust .... render settings ... lights ...and ..... do i mentioned dust ???? :P

tunning0.jpg

comments please...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ethan... Stian ..

this new v13 renderer rocks !!!

I like the mud along the bottom sill. Are all those stones on the ground modelled? If so - wow!

Hi Stuart ... yep ... all stones were modeled :) just copy and paste of the same model and little adjusts ...

Brilliant! Is it particle dust?

Thanks Ken .... no particles almost all textures were decalled ... just car paint ( basic black ) is a Simbiont texture ....

I think I got a crit.....the windows appear to be too frosty. It's like the specular size is too large and the light is equal around the car. I'm clutching at straws I know and maybe there are windows that look like this.

Also, was AO used to render it?

I think I got a crit.....the windows appear to be too frosty.
Oh we can do better than that... The car's going fast enough to kick up stones yet there's no motion blur on the wheels... The front windscreen is spotless.... And... there's no driver! <grin!>

I think I got a crit.....the windows appear to be too frosty. It's like the specular size is too large and the light is equal around the car. I'm clutching at straws I know and maybe there are windows that look like this.

Also, was AO used to render it?

AO 100% - 85%

IBL - hdr - light probe

I think I got a crit.....the windows appear to be too frosty.
Oh we can do better than that... The car's going fast enough to kick up stones yet there's no motion blur on the wheels... The front windscreen is spotless.... And... there's no driver!

I dont know how to say this but..... the car is stopped :lol::P and you can see that i was driving it ( my name in the door )... and i left the car to photograph it :P

That's awesome work... the detailing is great! However, I didn't get that 'realism kick' I get when I see something that tricks my senses and I wondered why. After studying it a while I clicked on to what it was – IMHO anyway. I see comments about the windows already but my thought was that the windows looked great but the fine layer of dust covering them (which is what my eyes saw) did not extend on to the body of the car -- it stopped dead at the edge of the windows.

That said, it’s easier to pull the windows back a bit then to put that layer of dust all over the car. Plus putting dust on the body might take away from it.

BTW, I use to go '4-byin' in the desert all the time – like for 10 years -- went though three new 4x4 SUVs – so, I've seen this kind of image in reality many times. The mud on the body is perfect, so is the background. Made me want to go back out!

[attachmentid=18474]

No, no... that's real. And yes, I went through split rock all the time.

Cheers,

Rusty

Salve Hashers .....

New version ... i chenged windows material setup .... what you think now ???

tunning.jpg

comments and sugestions are welcome again !!!

I like the more saturated colours - it makes much more of an impact. Excellent.

The front windscreen still looks too clean. How about adding a dirt map outlining where the wipers have wiped? You'll probably need transparency, diffuse, reflection, and specularity maps for that (that soundds a lot but you can derive them all from one master map).

IMHO, the follow through of mud on the windows isn't there; I see it on the side window but it dosn't match the body/its too dim and/or transparent? , the front window is way too clean.

Rusty

I know three four letter words!

I'm gonna say 'em right now!

In alphabetical order, (so as not to show any preference)!

Cover your ears!

Ready?

AGEP

HASH

XTAZ

And they're all good words!

I Dunno what else to say...

The last few days have brought us fantastic renders done with Hash A:M by agep and xtaz.

The software is inspirational, the renders by these guys are inspirational...

just WOWW! (another 4 letter word)

Salve Hashers .....

thank you for your comments ... they were perfects ...

thanks for your words charlie !!!!

In this update I did some changes ... lights, tires' texture and of course the windows !!!!! see it and tell me what you think .... please...

tunning3.jpg

• Admin

WOW! :blink:

At first glance I was about to get pissed because you were posting photos of sports related fun.

(Seriously... sports and I don't get along these days)

That is one awesome render.

Added: For some reason the tire tread on the front tire has gotten cleaner since the last render.

What gives? You wiped it off before you walked over to take this new picture? ;)

That's a lot better!

The background hills look quite bright where seen through the front and rear windscreens. I'm sure this must be due to bright sky reflections adding to the transmitted light. I'm not sure what to suggest to fix that - as it is I'm feeling guilty for picking holes in your work when I know I wouldn't have the patience to get it looking this good myself.