Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

thom gets burned

i made another animation of my tripod shooting thom with its heatray

i00r73ec.jpg

i made it shaky cause it like a panicky person holding a camera so its a bit hard to see thom

i think thom would rather take on the bug

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Sam. The camera action needs a little work, I didn't see Thom get burned, all I saw was the ray shooting next to him.

I wonder why people abuse Thom. Is it because he has no eyes or facial features? If he had a face like the other characters, would people still abuse him? I wonder.

• Admin
I wonder why people abuse Thom. Is it because he has no eyes or facial features? If he had a face like the other characters, would people still abuse him? I wonder.

I'd say its become something of a tradition.

That doesn't explain why new users with little interest in tradition seem to choose Thom to assist with testing.

Maybe Thom just volunteers.

I wonder why people abuse Thom.

Because they can...

Any ol' shlump who struts around in a bright yellow jumpsuit is just begging to be taken down a notch.

My only objection to the animation is it looks like the death ray missed. We (me) need to see a post-fried thom.

And I would like to see the camera work be a little more obvious in communicating a fraidy virtual camera person.

Also, the tripod is not very imposing when viewed from tripod "eye level." It would be more intimidating if viewed from human eye level. You might consider an "establishing shot" that includes the tripod and Thom in the same frame, probably from an angle closer to Thom so the shot by the tripod is aimed, more or less, in the camera's direction. And why is Thom lying down before he's shot?

Curtis

• 2 weeks later...