Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

WTC

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About half way up, the windows are bigger, is it really like that?
yup, the building was equally divided into 3 parts, and on each of the three section tops there was a 12 meter high ceilings and each area served as a skydeck.

I spent about 3 hours researching a lot of iformation about the construction and building of the WTC. I got lots of blue prints and floor plans. I was unaware that the buildings central core was the only part that was actually built with real standing walls... the rest of the floor was compeltly open, and it was up to cubicals and private, light weight, walls to make up the outer offices.

you mean 17000 patches?
ya... my mistake. I do a lot of map buildings and source stuff with video games... and i'm used to saying polygons. I've fixed it to say patches now. :P

post-8217-1132703136_thumb.jpg

Good job Dan. :D

The shot is rendered with radiosity, and every floor is built inside and out. The line you see around the first high windows is the edge of the ground. Don't know why animation master does this, but it doesn't reflect the background color of a shot.

Also, there are odd patterns in the building that make it look somewhat like wood grain. That went away when he used 256X256 passes.

Don't know why animation master does this, but it doesn't reflect the background color of a shot.

It shouldn't. That background color isn't really "there." It's just that the empty void surrounding a model has to look like something, so, A:M lets you choose a color.

A quickie environment map should take care of this problem without overly affecting your render times.

how did you go about starting?
after aquiring several concept photos of the building and 3 very good blueprint shots, i started with a single square, for one of the 236 columns, that i extruded up the quarter of a mile height of the building. Each floor and every column is a solid prism and all the windows are made with 4 very wide and very tall patches with bronze glass tinting. After about 10,000 patches though, it realy started to slow down, so i constructed the entire antena and roof in a separate model and then when i was done i simply copied and pasted it into the tower model. total it took about 3 hours to make.

Odds of Will Sutton's Kong model finding its way onto your WTC model=100%
lol. :lol: