Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Exercise 4: It's a Pitch

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Note to Users of Animation:Master 2006 (Yeti CD)

A problem with the Knight's knees has been reported.

It appears the Knight on the Yeti CD has a flaw in constraints.

For more on the problem and a copy of a Knight that does not have the problem see the following link:

Knight's knees constraint problem on the 2006 (Yeti) CD.

Thanks to RingerT, David and Mark for troubleshooting.

Rodney

Name: Gerhard Schellert

Exercise Completed: Exercise 4: It´s a pitch

Date completed: 2006/01/08

Remarks/Suggestions for Improvement: I would have told you, that there´s something wrong with the IK on the 2006 CD-knight model, but as I see, Rodney was faster than me :-) (see last post from Rodney).

Thanks again to Itsjustme for the "working-knight-model"

RingerT

exc_04_its_a_pitch.zip

• Admin
One thing i noticed doing this is when i accidentaly rendered as an AVI the background colour showed up, but when i rendered it normally as quicktime it was black

Madeline,

I expect that you have Alpha Channel set to ON in your Render Panel.

As AVIs don't store the Alpha Channel it'll render your background while TGAs will maintain the Alpha Channel transparency.

Thats what it sounds like to me.

Rodney

Robert is correct... always check the first post of each of the exercise threads for their requirements for completion.

If you are going to post an animation, I'd recommend QuickTime MOV format with Sorensen 3 codec compression (found under 'save options' on medium to low (not least). 320x240 (Low) or 640x480 (VGA) resolution.

Screenshots of a frame of your animation are always nice for others to get a quick glance of your work without having to download the entire animation itself (I always view the whole thing).

Hope that helps kanime.

Name: Andy Stewart

Exercise: Four

Date Completed: Jan 31, 2006

Instructor: Book and Tuts

Normal Render

Zip'd AVI: [attachmentid=13933]

UnZip'd AVI: http://www.taynik.com/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=29

Toon Render

Zip'd AVI: [attachmentid=13934]

UnZip'd AVI: http://www.taynik.com/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=28

It__s_a_Pitch.zip

It__s_a_Pitch___Toon.zip

Boy,...you guys are great!

I'm having a bit of trouble with # 4.

I start a new project,open a new chor,

then place the knight.

I try to pose him as shown in the book and the tut.

The problem is his knees wont bend forward,instead they bend to the side.

Here is a shot of the chor before anything is done.

What am I not doing before I start the first pose?

Has anyone been through this?

Thanks for your help.[attachmentid=13950]

post-6547-1138751854_thumb.jpg

Ok Dumb me I figured it out.

Here's Lesson #4

Name: Clarence Emerson

Exercise Completed: #4 It's A Pitch

Date Completed Jan. 31, 2006

Instructur: A:M Book & Tutorials

The lights must have went out on that one.

This one you can see.

:wacko:attachmentid=13980]

Lesson_4_the_Pitch.mov

Edited by Knockwood

Hi Knockwood,

What new model knight are you referring to?

Hello Kanime

If you go to the first page for this execise in rodney's post at the top.

it mentions the knight model in the 2006 edition.

and a link to down load the corrected model.

enjoy!!

Name: Claudio Ravenstein (fybs)

Exercise completed: Exercise 4: It’s a pitch.

Date completed: 15. January 2006

Instructor: The manual

I too had trouble with the knights legs, that’s why I used a different character in the tutorials where the knight was supposed to be used. ;)

02APitch.mov

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman..

Ok, I need someone to break the kneecaps of my knight! I think I have the new knight (old knight), so that shouldn't be the problem, but it still could be. Does the CD reload (update the library) each time I start the program? As you can see the knee bone has been turned into a Translate cursor, can it be turned into a manipulator?

[attachmentid=14643]

...Liquidspaceman, over and out

post-7288-1140675373_thumb.jpg

As you can see the knee bone has been turned into a Translate cursor, can it be turned into a manipulator?

That's actually a rotate on the 'Y' axis indicator...you should be able to rotate the knee using it and it should limit your manipulation to that axis. You can change it if you want, but the way it's setup should keep the movement correct.

Hope that helps.

As you can see the knee bone has been turned into a Translate cursor, can it be turned into a manipulator?

That's actually a rotate on the 'Y' axis indicator...you should be able to rotate the knee using it and it should limit your manipulation to that axis. You can change it if you want, but the way it's setup should keep the movement correct.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the clarification, but it only allows me to go left or right. I need to bend the knee using the perpendicular axis (move his foot closer to his bottom).

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

Problem solved! The bad Knight that use to say "KNEEk," (the one from the Yeti CD) was somehow being used. I thought that I was using the v11 knight, but I wasn't. I imported the v11 knight into the chor and poof it works. So now I'm back on track. The baseball game will proceed as planned! The Knights vs the Shags, it should be a good game. ...Popcorn anybody? Thanks to Robert-Jank, Itsjustme, and the fine people at Hash for trying to figure out this problem. :)

From the Lagoon of Liquispaceman...

Well, the game got postponed again :angry2: I thought after spent all afternoon Friday and Saturday morning working on this 1 hour tutorial, I would conceed and watch the web tutorial. Everything was going fine and then the first part of the tutorial ended midway through (see arrow below). I went to the second part, but it starts further along in the tutorial. What gives? I was trying to watch it because, when I playback what I have done so far, my knight decides to fly in the air as it goes through the motions. What gives? I want to move on!

post-7288-1140899217_thumb.jpg

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman..

Well, good news. After watching the tutorial, I finally finished the pitch exercise! I highly recomend watching the tutorials. My project is now rendering on my other computer (about an 1 1/2hr left). I want to put some sound to it in my editing program and also encode it for the web. I wasn't able to use the tutorial in the two parts. I had to download the complete 48mb version. With dialup, that was going to take most of the day. My son got a download accelerator for free, so we used that. It really sped things up. If you are on dailup you might want to look into it. The url is www.speedbit.com . Look for the free version, unless money is no object, but if money is no object you wouldn't have dailup would you? :blink: Later today I will post my finished work.

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

Well, here it is. The game is back on! The score is Knights 3, Shags 2.

Here is a pic of the first frame.

and here is the link to the movie. [attachmentid=14756]

Name: Mark D. Newitt

Exercise Completed: Exercise 4

Date Completed: Feb. 26, 2006

Instructor: Rodney and all the fine folks on this forum

Remarks/Suggestions for Improvement: Take a look at the web tutorials, they are very helpful :lol:

post-7288-1141012151_thumb.jpg

Bob and Ken,

Great job guys. This exercise for me was fun. You both are progressing quickly through these.

Bob, on your, the only thing I can see is from the camera angle you have, it looks like maybe the Knight's weight might not be over the back foot completely. Mind you, this maybe just the camera angle.

Ken, Yours is good, it would be nice to see a side angle to just see a little more.

Maybe a 3/4 view would work for both of you.

Great job both of you otherwise. (Like I said, just my opinions though.)

Leo B)