Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lots of Metal

Guest Wegg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are nice materials, especially hammered bronze. Does it need to have a minimum density of mesh to look good?

I am pleased Eggington is back!

Nope. You just have to make sure to scale it to your taste once it is applied. At first its easy to drop it on a group and go "WHAT THE! THIS IS UGLY!". . . but then you fiddle with the scale and things come into alignment.

Wegg great to have eggprops up again! :) Are these materials the same that you had on your website a 2 or 3 years ago or new ones? I remember seeing a batch of metal-wood and other cool stuff.

Cant wait for more.

They are the same. Well mostly. I'm tweaking little things here and there but. . . 99% of it is the same.

Better buy some so I'll be encouraged to keep going then! B)

Yes, These are materials that you can make in A:M on your own (if you knew how :P ) with all the stuff that comes with A:M - nothing more to pay (except the $3 to Wegg for the research and development that went into bringing them to you)

I still remember the 3D World review Wegg did of A:M back in 2001 (or was it 2000) - particularly the bit about the A:M interface related to building materials - I don't think it's changed much since then. ;)

Cheers

• Admin

Wegg,

I like that you have them broken down (not literally! They are eggs after all) so that they can be bought individually. It's great to be able to see a material you like and order it.

Very nice.

I do have to ask though...

Do you have plans to group them as sets like before?

(I'd guess yes... but thought you might comment)

Much success in your efforts as we really need this type of resource available in the community.

Beautiful site too! Simple and focused.

-Rodney

*...and no, I'm not expecting a Baker's dozen. :P

On trying to open these nice files I get a can't find , am fractual sum turbulance plug in I have had this just with v11 can anyone show me where to get it please or where it should be , Im dying to try this matt ,cheers

I. . . uh. . . hmm. I think this may be a Hash Support question. There is nothing special about these materials. They should load right up. Sorry. :(

Hey Wegg,

They look real nice! Looks like you have been working on getting the best out of the renderer.

Have you used the reflection filter on the gold?

There is a reflection distance setting on it. But I'm not sure what this filter stuff is your talking about. If it wasn't in 8.5 I'm a noob. :-)

Hey Wegg,

They look real nice!  Looks like you have been working on getting the best out of the renderer.

Have you used the reflection filter on the gold?

There is a reflection distance setting on it. But I'm not sure what this filter stuff is your talking about. If it wasn't in 8.5 I'm a noob. :-)

The reflection filter is there for getting stronger colours in reflections. Say you have a pure red object. If you set the filter to 100% then you can boost the reflectance to 100% and still get a red object (wheras before it would go silver). What is happening is that the surface is filtering out all but the red colour. If the object is surrounded by scenery that has no red in it then there will be no reflection and the object will appear black. This woul be rare though and more commonly you will end up with a nice juicy redness.

If you look at Chirsmass ball-balls then they are a good example of this.

I don't know if I explained that well - I couldn't find the link to the proper explanation. Anyway, hope it helps.