sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

some one stealing our software name ?

johnl3d

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort. The company is based in Sweden and Hash Animation Master would have to go to some expense to file a lawsuit and see it prosecuted which could take several years of Martin's personal/company finances. I think Martin would have to be able to show that his company has been harmed in some way. The Swedish company is called Dreamlight and they are not marketing nor selling software. They are marketing and selling training videos for DAZ Studio. The cost of the discovery phase, taking depositions and flying back and forth to Sweden, looking up case law and finding out if the term "animation master" is in violation of some copyright/trademark on its own. I work with a few Intellectual Property, Patent firms in South Florida and I can get further details from them to shed some light on the subject.

I also noticed the spelling of Hash Animation: Master versus 3D Animation Master is legally different enough to have a judge grant a summary judgement in favor of the Swedish company.

• Hash Fellow

You send a cease and desist letter because it might get them to stop without going through all that. It doesn't cost much to do and yet, many times it works.

But again, Martin is a lawyer. He can judge what is cost-effective for him in a case like this.

I bet for about $100 you could hire a Swedish law firm to actually write and send the letter and that would make it seem quite a bit less distant to whoever is operating this website.

i know the software he is using i have been using it for years. its free. the models and everything you pay for (or make your own) but the software itself is free.

the software is well documented and there are 100s of free guides out there plus forums and free ebooks. so not sure what he is selling.

i made this render with that program.

gen_2_girl2.png

• Admin

The guy behind this... Val Cameron is one of his names (Waldemar Belwon another)... initially produced a training-by-subscription product called 'Light Master'. It's still available.

There's some pretty decent information regarding texturing and lighting (hours of videos tutorials) collected in the package.

It was somewhat inevitable he would eventually want to release similar training packages with names like 'Modeling Master' and 'Animation Master'.

He's not the only one that wants to be associated with the term 'animation master'.

There use to be a Japanese (hand drawn anime) academy that prominently used the words 'animation master'.

Not sure if it is a violation, they are calling it 3d Animation Master and not Hash Animation Master. Also they aren't selling a 3d program called Animation Master but rather training and of all things looks like Daz, really need training for that??

Might be tough to fight that one and not worth the battle. Better bet is tell them about the product and get them to do some real training and exposure of AM instead of Daz ;)