Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

working on an old model

I found the face to this model while cleaning up my e-mail. I used the low patch body that serq2 provided to the forum and the hands and arms of the witch model from t.w.o. I also used some teeth off of a model from the cd (Ms Goodbody?). I dont remember where I got the ear from. Pretty much a lot of different body parts stitched together. Used quite a bit of porcelain as a result

untitled0.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys

I am using v15 so I dont know about the new and improved smoother. I plan on upgrading after I get a new graphics card. Here is the model if you want to add hair. I tried but the program stalls. Its a driver issue with nvidia. This model will have a lot of creases. Skylights, porcelain and sss just cover them up.

gbody.mdl

Is porceline still working as a smoother solution in 17? What about the new 'smoother wizard'?

There's a 'smoother wizard'? Pray, tell us more.

I noticed some odd artifacting (is that a word?) with porcelain in 17beta's around some hooks in the mesh and also when I used it in conjunction with another material I used for the skin colour. But as yet I'v not looked deeper into it.

It looks really good, however her arms are emaciated in proportion to the rest of her figure and especially her expressive hand size. I'm also not sure if her breasts are intentionally lumpy. It appears as if you were modeling in some type of brazier or bodice. Fixing those areas would really improve upon the model.

It looks really good, however her arms are emaciated in proportion to the rest of her figure and especially her expressive hand size. I'm also not sure if her breasts are intentionally lumpy. It appears as if you were modeling in some type of brazier or bodice. Fixing those areas would really improve upon the model.

Hi KJ

Thanks for the crits.

I noticed the hands after I posted the image. For some reason I always seem to make the wrist small and the hands larger than they need to be on most of my models. The whole model is lumpy and the proportions are a little off because I put together different parts from other models without doing a whole lot of tweaking and re sizing. i actually wasnt planning on creating a nude model. I planned for her to have clothes and model them over the original geometry.

I honestly dont know what a bodice or brazier is (?)

Edit:

After looking at it again isee those areas do need some serious work. Especially the arms

Sorry, I misspelled brassiere as brazier. I should have said bra. Just different names for womens undergarments.

A brazier actually holds hot coals or fire.

Sorry, I misspelled brassiere as brazier. I should have said bra. Just different names for womens undergarments.

A brazier actually holds hot coals or fire.

Oh ok I thought your were talking about some modeling tool that I may have been overlooking.

I worked on those areas a little more.... She has put on some weight since the last pic :) . I still have some work to do but she's "shaping" up well. No sss on this render. Crits still welcome (I wont be using hair till I can get this video card working right but i will model some for the next post)

untitle0.jpg

newcurves.mdl

She looks great, Jirard!

I've been doing some experimenting with character modeling on a generic character in an attempt to improve my modeling. Some of the things that appear to be helpful in my case have been making the shoulders more of a yoke and a slight twist in the forearms.

He is still very much a work-in-progress, but maybe some of it will be helpful. There are more images of his current state in this post.

yoke_shoulders_front.png

yoke_shoulders_back.png

slight_twist_forearm.png

• Hash Fellow
She looks great, Jirard!

I've been doing some experimenting with character modeling on a generic character in an attempt to improve my modeling. Some of the things that appear to be helpful in my case have been making the shoulders more of a yoke and a slight twist in the forearms.

He is still very much a work-in-progress, but maybe some of it will be helpful. There are more images of his current state in this post.

I like those shoulders. Those look like thy would be easy to rig.

She looks great, Jirard!

Wow! Great modeling. Every spline and patch seems to be placed perfect. Makes me want to start all over.

She looks great, Jirard!

I like those shoulders. Those look like thy would be easy to rig.

I agree the splinemanship is pleasant on the eyes... but I dont exactly see the shoulder rigging process being any easier with this mesh layout...

more along the lines of a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks...

I agree the splinemanship is pleasant on the eyes... but I dont exactly see the shoulder rigging process being any easier with this mesh layout...

I get the feeling that there would be much less work with CP weighting with David's splining method.

I get the feeling that there would be much less work with CP weighting with David's splining method.

Hey I hope so... I can't really speak to that as I am not really familiar at all with David's rigging work... which appears to be very capable!

Hey I hope so... I can't really speak to that as I am not really familiar at all with David's rigging work... which appears to be very capable!
If I'm right at all that that spline layout would result in less CP weighting work, that should be true for using that spline layout with almost any rig, not just David's Squetch Rig.

If I'm right at all that that spline layout would result in less CP weighting work, that should be true for using that spline layout with almost any rig, not just David's Squetch Rig.

I have noticed that the more CP's, the more work at weighting, regardless of rig.

And if it's David doing the weighting, you can bet that each and every CP is weighted individually, to at least 2, maybe 3 bones, to precisely determined 2 decimal places. B)