One Hour Triceratops

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Frilly frill update with extra dry skin material...

ceratopsB0.jpgceratopsC0.jpg

ceratopsD0.jpg

Nice! Reminds me of those commercials that say "Build your own website in minutes!"

They never say HOW MANY minutes!

I remember there was a book series, "Learn ______ in 24 hours!" but it meant one hour a night for a month.

• Hash Fellow

Fun Fact: the Minnesota Science Museum has the largest mounted Triceratops in the world, one of only four such specimens. I saw it many times growing up and it is indeed large, bigger than a rhinoceros, approaching elephant size. Oddest detail... a plaque commemorating a visit by German composer Richard Wagner's granddaughter in the 1960's to dedicate it. "Endlich ein Ring für Fafner" it says.

2179317250_9ac5299d94.jpg

Science Museum of Minnesota by jbenson2, on Flickr

That's quite a beak those things had. I wonder what they were eating that needed that?

The front leg is articulated a lot lower on the body than i would have guessed but the rear leg goes almost to the top.

I wonder how anyone knew how to put a Triceratops together the first time they found one?

Oooo..He/she is very lovely!

I particularly fancy the Purple Barney-licious looking one, but with perhaps some cadmium yellow-jello colored polka dots scattered hither and yon.

I wonder how anyone knew how to put a Triceratops together the first time they found one?

They lied, that's how!

Triceratops no Slouch. New forelimb study reveals

And then there was that nasty business "is it really a Triceratops or a juvenile Torosaurus?" Oh yes. Those were dark days indeed way back in 2010.

I suspect the real question has yet to be asked: What did Tri-toro-saucy-raptor's feathers look like...and could it fly? Ok. Maybe those questions are only being whispered behind closed doors.

Trini Lopezeraptorasaurus shall make a very fun TAOA:M modeling lesson.

Frilly frill update with extra dry skin material...

ceratopsB0.jpgceratopsC0.jpg

ceratopsD0.jpg

Nice! Reminds me of those commercials that say "Build your own website in minutes!"

They never say HOW MANY minutes!

I remember there was a book series, "Learn ______ in 24 hours!" but it meant one hour a night for a month.

Anyone else remember the old Aurora dinosaur model kits. Thats what I thought of when I saw your triceratops head. The box art on all the old Aurora monster and dinosaur kits was really awesome.

• Hash Fellow
Anyone else remember the old Aurora dinosaur model kits. Thats what I thought of when I saw your triceratops head. The box art on all the old Aurora monster and dinosaur kits was really awesome.

I seem to recall having a stegosaurus kit at one time.