Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

this is M16 i have been working on

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like it could use some beveling, but if it's for a distance shot or game it shouldn't matter. Great stuff!

Ha, I was going to pop in and say "nice beveling"!

Seems mostly in good shape although the black parts, stock etc. are hard to read. Could you post a wireframe shot?

It looks like it could use some beveling, but if it's for a distance shot or game it shouldn't matter. Great stuff!

Ha, I was going to pop in and say "nice beveling"!

Hmmm, maybe the beveling is just too tight in the areas I think need it. I can tell parts of it were beveled.

I've highlighted in red the area that stuck out for me as either needing beveling or possible loosening of the beveling that's there. There are some other areas that appear a little tight as well, but it's hard to tell with just one angle.

Hope that helps.

m00_highlight.png

here is shaded wireframe as for beveling do i have to extrude each edge maually to get bevel or is there a tool for that

You wouldn't have to extrude, you could add a few splines where needed. I don't think there's an automated way to do it...at least I haven't heard of one. If you have a problem with a part, post an image or model and you'll get help with it here.

---------------------

EDIT

---------------------

Some of those areas would be extremely easy to add a bevel to...I'll see if I can knock out a quick video as an illustration.

Well, the video would have been too long (I'm a slow modeler), so I decided to just make a series of models showing how to bevel something with a few similar features...the models are in the ZIP file. Of course, it would look a lot better with more work, but I think it might give you a few directions you could go.

Hope that helps.

exampleA.png

exampleB.png

exampleC.png

exampleD.png

beveling_example.zip

exampleE1.png

exampleE2.png

I like how the bevel that is created between steps 2 and 3 is accomplished by removing a spline.

ETA: Maniac, remember, you can improve a model indefinitely. At some point you have to say that it fits your needs and use it and then move on. Your model does look rather good, and as mentioned would be fine in many non-close-up scenarios. However, itsjustme is an excellent modeler, and you're better off if you learn the tricks he mentions so you can put them into the model the first time around.

I believe there is a plugin called "Zevel" (available here) that lets you insert bevels in the right conditions, but it's 32-bit only, and I've never used it so I can't speak for its usefulness.

Sorry have not forgot about the help you gave me, but got started on an old character model. He seems be coming along, I'm hooked on him lol. I have a few projects on the go, I have a lot to learn still. My job takes most of my time, like everybody else.

The beveling sure does wonders. Great work. I would also suggest that you stay away from pure colors, like absolute black. All details vanish. Nothing in the real world do have such pure colors.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is update on work sorry about being so slow but working on a few projects. Im just modeling figure out the rest of this program later lol I Will get get 1 done yet.

so far I like Mechanical modeling best

m00.jpg