sprockets Hans Donuts 3D Printing USS Midnight 1950s Street Car Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Getting back to the PC

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

If you constrain the IK hands to the ball they shouldn't jitter so much.

My advice on that move would be that when he yanks on the ball, have it move a tiny smidgen( and fall back). That will suggest that he's actually putting some force on it.

• Hash Fellow
Rob would you use just a translate to for that ,

and "orient like"

I have a bad habit of breaking the constraint by moving the back/shoulders

You still have to be careful to not pull the arms farther than they would be able to reach anyway. Make the pose look right within the real limits of the arm. Don't go past that.

An alternative to making the ball jostle a bit, would be to have his hands slip a bit on as he pulls them. That's a bit more complicated to keyframe, but it's another way showing that force is happening.

Thank's Steve yea it was Thailand in krabi,wow it was hot

Thank's Rob and Mark Ill try that tomorow yea it is the JD charector ,I didn't do a lot of waiting on the hips /pelvis as it didnt look as it needed it ,but now its going to extremes it does.Ill have a go with the newer updated version Mark but Iv never managed to get a face rig to work properly yet ,but theres allways a first time lol

Iv still got some jet-lag so will get to things when I get a knights sleep tonight hopefully

BTW Steve I done some fishing there and see some paramina to 400 pounds landed ,thats a fine fish,I cought some siamese carp to 40 pound lol but a great place to fish

Heres an update using Marks JD with the face rig in,I started over as I messed it up,on this one I used the fk arms then swiched to put constraints on I think it looks better than the previus one

Im finding this a prety dificult exersize ,harder to get it to look right that a walk or something ,makes me apreciate Roberts lift ,wiaght one a lot more than I allready did

lift.mov

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

I really like the struggle at the beginning.

The cut of the camera to a slightly different view right before he loses his grip on the ball and flies back makes it a little harder to read. Its almost as if the brain tries to put some imagining in there (the brain is confused... what makes him release?) this is something that the current landing on the ground doesn't repair.

One thing that would help convey the energy a little more would be to get a reverse arc in his body.

You got the leaning forward... try to get the opposition to that by arcing his back to the opposite extreme.

If you could try to keep the feet planted with legs forward as long as you possibly can.

Then successively release each joint of the body as the tension releases starting from the hand.

The origin of the pulling is at the shoulders...

So when the hand releases the shoulders go immediately back.

The head and the arms then lag behind as they are pulled by the shoulders and the body as they arc back.

As the shoulders and body rotate back (via the hips) eventually the hips also go back.

With the hips moving, then the legs and feet can go back.

As secondary motion and to achieve maximum reversal of the arc the head would eventually catch up to the body and overtake it as the body whips it back. The head would then likely hit the ground first immediately followed by the shoulders (which sends the head forward again with push/bounce) as the rest of the body lands.

Probably easier to draw a picture no?

I can see that he might just as easily fall on his butt but the successive breaking of joints as the hands release from the ball would still apply.