Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

extend or extrude

maddle

I have a headheak tryng to achieve this. Each time i select four cp s and press "E", i have a mess. Because A:m Keep the original patch from where i do extend and i don t know how to delete it without doing my mesh a mess ?

Is there an Extrude (and not extend) tool ?

Thank you for your help.

here is what i want to achieve.

post-12843-1254319013_thumb.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

None of those actually require "extrusion"

#4 was done by stitching in the two rings around the CP and then moving them above the surface.

Hold down SHIFT when you are creating a new CP and it will "stitch" into the spline that is already there.

None of those actually require "extrusion"

#4 was done by stitching in the two rings around the CP and then moving them above the surface.

Hold down SHIFT when you are creating a new CP and it will "stitch" into the spline that is already there.

Sorry Robcat , i m confused but i still don t understand...any movie tut ?

Maddle, you may get some value out of these modeling basics comic-book style tutorials I made.

And how i can achieve this ?

extrusionLW.JPG

Dont use 4 but 5 or more points to define thesurface or better to say: First you dont have a surface there. Just draw a spline-ring. Than extrude the splinering and after that close the whole.

Patchmodeling is different from box-modeling.

A few hints in that direction can be found in my tank-tutorial on my website PatchWork3d (see signature).

*Fuchur*

Maddle, you may get some value out of these modeling basics comic-book style tutorials I made.

post-12843-1254326618_thumb.jpg

Dont use 4 but 5 or more points to define thesurface or better to say: First you dont have a surface there. Just draw a spline-ring. Than extrude the splinering and after that close the whole.

A few hints in that direction can be found in my tank-tutorial on my website PatchWork3d (see signature).

*Fuchur*

Ok i m watching it now !

illustration : post-12843-1254331201_thumb.jpg

post-12843-1254326618_thumb.jpg

*Fuchur*

Ok i m watching it now !

illustration : post-12843-1254331201_thumb.jpg

ok, things become clearer ! but some time i got some kind of "double sided face" any fonction to unify ? is it possible to have two cp a the same place by error ? if yes, is it possible to merge or weld ? each time i m doing a 5 points cp s the polygon is flipped ! why ?

thank gentlmens for your valuable help.

ps:Can t wait to show you something made with A:M . Oh and by the way here is some experimental stuffs i did before.

http://picasaweb.google.com/quickmad/Madst...PGBgqGX_Kq82AE#

Do it like shown in the image... you need to extrude a 6 or at least 5-point-spline-ring to get a whole and after that close it by hand.

On the image I used hooks, but you could although draw the line to the end of the grid.

*Fuchur*

patchextrusionprob_answer.gif