Hash, Inc. Forums
itsjustme

What I'm working on...

I downloaded Krita a while back, haven't had a chance to play around with it. Looked cool in the demo videos I watched though.

Also love the chimp model.

I downloaded Krita a while back, haven't had a chance to play around with it. Looked cool in the demo videos I watched though.

One reason I'm using Krita is that I can paint and save EXR images to use as the color decals...which means they are a 1.0 gamma.

Once again, I am forced to use a "stay alive" post. I'm still working on texturing and learning Krita. I've made some progress, but it will take more time to get something I can show.

Are .exr files better for colour maps? I use .png's for just about everything, but I know .Tga is popular too.

Are .exr files better for colour maps? I use .png's for just about everything, but I know .Tga is popular too.

Currently, you can work with 16bit float OpenEXR images in A:M. TGA and PNG images are 8bit, so using OpenEXR images for color or bump/displacement gives you more precision (which I've really noticed in displacement maps), but, depending on the size of image you are rendering, you may not notice that difference. However, using OpenEXR images for maps makes them 1.0 gamma automatically, so there isn't a need to color correct the maps when working in a linear workflow. I also render to OpenEXR so that the linear workflow is maintained. It makes post-processing essentially lossless when you have a final image that is 8bit.

Hope that helps, Dan.

Unfortunately, I'll have to use another "stay alive" post for this thread...it's been extremely busy for me this month. I'm hoping to start getting something done this weekend.

Once again, I have to use a "stay alive" post...I thought I might have something to show, but I've been taking way too long once again. I'll see if I can iron out my issues.

Unfortunately, I have to use the dreaded "stay alive" post...it's been extremely busy on my end this month. I'm hoping to have some time next week.

I don't dread the stay-alive posts. It's nice to know you're still alive!

When you post the things you do it's always worth the wait so keep on keeping on David! :)

I've been doing a bunch of hair experiments over the past couple of weeks...I think I might be able to get what I'm after.

In the course of my experiments, I was happy to discover that Colin Freeman's "Hairbrush" (http://www.colins-loft.net/hairbrush.html) works in the latest Paint Shop Pro (https://www.paintshoppro.com/en/products/paintshop-pro/). After messing with the trial version, I'm pretty happy with some of the tools in Paint Shop Pro...I used to use it a lot years ago and it's gotten quite a bit better (it can handle 16bit images for one thing). I may have to get a license for Paint Shop Pro now and add it to GIMP and Krita in my list of tools.

Unfortunately, another "stay alive" post. I'm still working on a bunch of different things with hair, but nothing worth showing yet.

Another "stay alive" post...I'm still doing hair experiments. Eventually, I'll have something worth showing, but not yet.

I'll have to resort to another "stay alive" post...it's been extremely busy for me the past couple of months. I'm still working on the Neighbor when I can find time. Hopefully, I'll be able to show something soon.

I'm still running experiments that haven't yielded anything that I can show...so, I'll have to use another "stay alive" post here. I have a lot going on that limits my time to experiment, but I may be able to do more in the coming weeks.

I like experiments!

I just gotta say how impressed I am that youve stuck with this, David! I think most people wouldnt have the patience to keep chipping away at the mountain like you have. Kudos to you!

David, if you have unanswered questions or unsolved problems... we are eager to hear of them and brainstorm solutions.

I just gotta say how impressed I am that youve stuck with this, David! I think most people wouldnt have the patience to keep chipping away at the mountain like you have. Kudos to you!

I'm just too stupid to quit.

David, if you have unanswered questions or unsolved problems... we are eager to hear of them and brainstorm solutions.

I think I have a solution, but I have to do some trial and error to get it completely worked out, I'm thinking. I generally learn things by pulling every lever to see what they do.

Unfortunately, I have to use another "stay alive" post. Still doing experiments.

Once again, I need to use a "stay alive" post...I'm in the process of moving again (same city, just a couple of blocks away). In a couple of weeks, I should get some free time again.

I'm currently working on an update for the Squetch Rig, but I don't have anything I can post yet. So, I'll just use another "Stay Alive" post. I've got some free time currently and more free time in a couple of weeks, so I should make a lot of progress.

Thanks for your maintenance and help on Squetch, David!

That is an incredible job rigging. The video where you manipulate his belly just makes me laugh.