Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

something I've been playin with

jirard

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no critiques on this. Your characters are phenomenal. I cannot wait to see them interacting and animating. I absolutely love all of the characters you have created thus far. Your style is incredible. This is truly high-quality stuff. Now it's time to animate some life into them :D.

- Michael

Okay, I know the scrawny arms are deliberate. Part of the reason the model has so much character. But when it comes to animation, are they going to be able to do what you want?

Not that I'd know anything about starting to animate and finding out I needed to redesign the character. Oh no, not me...

That's really cool, Gary! I just realized looking at your model that Big Wheel design has come along way since I last rode one in the mid 1970s. The way the back end curves up to form a seatback is really great. I remember that if the seat back (which was a separate piece back then) broke (or you lost it), you couldn't pedal the thing. :-)

Okay, a criticism (from someone who could not, myself, equal your work)... the pants and trike are so colorful and irridescent that they draw the eye. It is almost impossible to keep one's concentration on the character's face.

You're probably familiar with "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe. Though it has a very strong, eerie, supernatural effect, Poe claimed to have achieved this effect through rigidly logical, methodical craft. He wrote the climactic verse first ("Prophet," said I, Thing of evil!...") and then said that if any other verse turned out to be stronger, he would have deliberately weakened it.

And thus with a model. Gotta decide what part should draw the eye. I bet you wouldn't say it's the pants and trike. The're nice, but ya gotta subdue them.

Thanks lee

Its AO and sss. Maybe u could build a background for me :) .

Largento I used to have a big wheel in the 70s to I also had a green machine. I added the seat for ya haha

Phatso excellent observation I decided to change some of the colors around (The character was originally hispanic) to even everything out. Let me know what u think.

Tomorrow I will add the pedals

untitled0.jpg

Largento I used to have a big wheel in the 70s to I also had a green machine. I added the seat for ya haha

You were one of the lucky ones! I remember staring for hours at the Green Machine ad on the backs of comic books. :-)

BTW, the seat looks great. I don't know if you've ever said in any of your posts, but are all of these character designs working towards a project?

You were one of the lucky ones! I remember staring for hours at the Green Machine ad on the backs of comic books. :-)

BTW, the seat looks great. I don't know if you've ever said in any of your posts, but are all of these character designs working towards a project?

The characters aren't for anything special. I just try to make something that you guys on the board will think looks cool. I'd be willing to team up with an animator or anyone else if they want to use any character that I have made.

Heres a background, at least until Lee finishes up th one he's makin for me.(U do still want that honorary brutha card dont ya? Where your goin u r gonna need it :lol: ) This street in this pic is off the hash cd.

Wow I didnt know the lil bruthas head was that lopsided. Im gonna have to fix that I guess, and the lighting too. No need for crits on this one ;)

untitled0.jpg

Awesome Gary! Looks great!

Heres a background, at least until Lee finishes up th one he's makin for me.(U do still want that honorary brutha card dont ya? Where your goin u r gonna need it :lol: )

Hahaaaaa YEAH! You kill me man! If I make you a background I get the card? Yeah, I'll do it! I'll even help you with lighting! (I have a feeling if I actually tried to use the card I'd be beat up even quicker...it would still be awesome though!)

Keep up the good work!

Lee

Awesome Gary! Looks great!

Heres a background, at least until Lee finishes up th one he's makin for me.(U do still want that honorary brutha card dont ya? Where your goin u r gonna need it :lol: )

Hahaaaaa YEAH! You kill me man! If I make you a background I get the card? Yeah, I'll do it! I'll even help you with lighting! (I have a feeling if I actually tried to use the card I'd be beat up even quicker...it would still be awesome though!)

Keep up the good work!

Lee

You'll build one for real? COOL! Make it as stylish as you can think of. Dont worry about the brutha card (I still have to get it laminated) my name carries a lot of weight out there where your goin, you'll be ok Just tell u know me and they'll back off. I go by the name of Shaft out there

It just screams, "Write a story!"

Thanks phatso. I was thinking what kinda story would I get if I put Charles Schultz's Peanuts, Bill Cosbys Fat Albert, and Hal Roaches Our Gang in a pot and stirred it up. At least thats the somewhat foggy plan I have. Feel like helpin?

They could be if anyone wants join in.

A stew of our gang, peanuts, fat albert etc? Sounds fun. I can write but I need a starting point. If you wake up in the middle of the night yelling, "I just dreamed the story, get me a pen and paper!" - lemme know.

Useless trivia: that's how "Battle Hymn of the Republic" was written. The lady woke up in the middle of the night with the first verse fully formed.

I appreciate the positive replies and encouragement, especially from some of "The Power Users" (by thr way Robcat nice website) As I build these models I have a certain idea of where there from and what there like, but the idea of a story stops there. I'd like to do something with them like what Charles Schultz did with Peanuts. Nothing too controversial just kids with there own personalities being kids. If there is anyone out there in the hash community and has been a board member for a little while that wants to mess with one of the models as far as animation (or anything else) I can send it to you. You will need v14 to use it though.

Thanks again I will be posting the connected version of her on her scooter later.

No Names specific yet Phatso I call the little girl Sistagirl and the boarder Boarder Dude thr little black guy is named Lilbrutha and the kid on the big wheel is lil-essay.

Oh and Largento I decided that lilbrutha is gonna ride a green machine just for u haha