Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Les Paul Contest Entry

Finally finished up my guitar from the contest for the full shot. Let me know what you think (sorry no stereo, this thing took forever to render at poster resolution). This a smaller version of the poster shot.

Kevin

post-740-1153713590_thumb.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys...

LOVE IT!!!

The only nit-pick I would have is the chrome hardware My Les's Tune-O-Matic bridge is very shiny chrome...but DUDE...Awesomely great image. Have you ever shown a wire of it?

N-I-C-E!

- pjc

Thanks, I agree about the hardware, mine is very shiny also. I probably should push the reflections more. I was actually more concerned with the odd stair stepping in the reflection and the controls knobs look a little odd. One of these days I'll fix it. I'll post a wire tonight...

Kevin awsome job on this model, looks real....I just think the edges of the model to be a little jagged but it's not a big deal.... keep up the great work..

Do you mean where the top of the body meets the side or somewhere else? I do have a bevel there but it's very small.

Thanks for the comments guys ... finishing this model up was a lot of work. I've finally included the wire frame I promised to add last week...

this is a sweet model, the shadows especially are super. Are they all part of the actual render, or tweaked in Photoshop?

It was actually two renders composited together. One pass was just a standard pass with all the lights, materials, specular highlights, reflections, etc. The second pass was a white Ambient Occlusion pass with an all white material for everything (which took 50 hrs at poster resolution!). I then layered the occlusion pass over the standard pass and multiplied it to get the final look.

Kevin

post-740-1154571887_thumb.jpg