Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The house

Hi Hashers :

Im working in a new architeture project ... maybe I will have to model the interior ..

for while the front is ready...

house.jpg

comments are welcome...as always ....

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks great, Xtaz!

There are a few things that hit me if you're looking for criticisms: Maybe a grime map for the road and pavement would give it a boost. Are those curb stones really indented like that, right of the picture, or is that a wayward spline? The trees look rather flat at the moment and , to my eye, the AO adds too much grain to the image.

Having said that, it all depends on what your client expects or wants.

Nice work though.

Nice work xTaz.

As far as the flat trees and lack of road grime, I guess that depends on what this is going to be used for. I have a friend who used to work for a big 3D company that did nothing but architectural mockups and walkthroughs, and they always had flat trees and clean streets/buildings. He now works at home and has a number of prominent clients (San Diego Zoo for one), and the work still looks the same. The goal is to make it look as good as possible in the littlest amount of time, both in modeling and rendering. He gets paid by the job, not by the hour, and he usually turns out 30-60 seconds of animation in a couple weeks.

So, I'd say your work is right on the mark.

Greg

Thx for critcisms .... the trees are really flat ... im rendering a new image using models wht hair ... the results are better ....

Matt ... I agree whit your comment ... the image that you uploaded is better than mine ... im using a new set of colors .. thx ...

• 1 year later...
Impressive!!!

I am working in a house but Im having trouble cause im a noob in the arquitecture, do you know a tutorial or a model that can help me to start?

How many patches for the house?

:blink: i cant say that but the house is 1 floor, 7 rooms, 7 doors, 5 windows... is more like an office...

I actually made my way throught by myself, findin easiest way to make windows in the walls and extruding them.

I ask this because I had tried to make a house and then redid it by using tranparency maps and then create seperate mesh for the frame of windows instead. to cut down patches. It is real easy to rack up the patches.

http://www.gentlechifitness.com/wip.htm

that house is the final render of using transparency maps instead of pure mesh.