Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

1440x900 wallpaper

Hi Hashers ....

I was playing whit AM, IBL, HDRI, AO and other letters and i resolved to render a wallpaper to use whit my new laptop ....

the result is here, i didnt compact it to show all its colors ( 830Kb )

1wallpaper4.jpg

all comments are welcome ... as always

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, anyone can go into a Catherdal and take a picture of some gemstones. I can see a reflection of you holding a camera in one of the gems.

Seriously, I am speechless. Absolutely beautiful!!!

You gonna let us know a few, no, lots more details on how you did that? Wireframe too please.

That's awesome!

This is not a critique as much as a "I am having a similar dilemma" type thing. I am working on some large stone slabs as well. In using the stone texture on them, I notice that the edge close to my camera looks a bit irregular where the other edges look crisp. I have been toying with the idea of making my stone mesh a bit irregular so the "away" edges seem more like the "front" edge but i seriuosly don't want to add more detail to my mesh and slow my render times down anymore. Here with yours..it appears that a good use "scaling" the texture and the "perceived" size of the object makes for a good combination. If that is indeed what you did. If so, hope you don't mind me borrowing the concept :D

Nice work, thanks for sharing it!

I've just nearly finished a still for the image contest, and after viewing your wallpaper, I realize how much I truly suck. The awesomeness of your image is stupifying. Apparently knowing how to use those acronym-type things you mentioned is quite worthwhile.

sorry for delay and thx for all words hashers ....

informations about image :

- ilumination was done using IBL whit a HDR file ( downloaded HERE )

- NO lights

- 1440x900

- render time = 5h 30m using 16 passes

- mirrored Spheres - 100% reflection

- glasses - 10% fellection - index of ref. = 1.23 and colors

Paul... I used a decal in wire stands ... but the result was unexpected :)

txh all ...

• 8 months later...

Just trying to get the sphere with Projection map to appear right. This is what I get, a big ugly seam as seen in the reflection orb. Made a material with HDRI image, had to flip it in HDRIShop in order to be right side up. Properties: Projection map, Method: Spherical, Type: Color, Repeats: 1,1. Seamless option does not seem to make a difference either way.

Is there an ugly seam in your image too, just hidden?