Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mr. Jelly Belly

This is a photo of a prototype that I've been working on at my day job as Creative Director for SMP Display & Design group. It is a cast urethane sculpture of "Mr. JellyBelly", the mascot for Jelly Belly Candy Company, for the new international display.

I had modeled Mr. JellyBelly in Animation:Master and exported several different poses of him as .3ds files to bring into my CAD program where the rest of the display was designed. When the final design was approved, I had this figure carved and molded for the prototypes. I airbrushed the finished figures before boxing them up to send to a tradeshow in Europe.

Anyway, since I did use A:M in the design process, I thought I would share here.

MrJellyBelly.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi William,

i'm interested in the process you used to export and refine the model from A:M to STL (i suppose)

how did you fix 5ppatches and hooks? or didnt you use them?

i ask this because i, sometimes, have to export from A:M to STL and i need everytime to do a lot of cleanup about 5pp and hooks. if you dont use them, what's your 5pp-less and hook-less tecnique?

thanks a lot... Vincenzo

Cool statue.

I love jelly belly jelly beans. I just can't figure out who would eat jalapeno flavored jelly beans...

If they're anything like jalapeno jam (or even jalapeno/papaya), then I'm in!

Sweet and a little bit of fire...great combination.

Nice statuette Will (what the heck is "inspirated" mean anyway?? Is that a cross of inspired and exasperated? Or inspired and corrugated?? Kinda like my father-in-law calling a fire-extinguisher a fire-DIStinguisher).

I'd like a job like that.

Greg

Excellent work William!

My wife and I took the tour of the Jelly Belly factory here in Northern California a few years back. Very educational.

Not to mention nice discounts on factory 'seconds' :P

Glad to see some of your work again William. I am always inspired.

• 2 weeks later...