Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

EGGS

This started out as a rig test for David Simmons Squetchy Thom rig. It pretty much uses all the S&S features of the rig. A fun rig to work with if you haven't checked it out yet!

Anyways I just added the eyes and animation over the last couple of weeks.

Hopefully the link will work, OK. I don't have my webspace right now. You have to click on the "320" under the animation for proper size.

Eggs.mov

Thanks

David

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the comments

Yolk Yolk - What a Crack UP!

I absolutely love your stuff - that's terrific ...

(Whatever happened to Clothesline?)

Thanks a lot Nancy. Clothesline is real close to being finished I just have some prop modeling and stuff to do but I had to stop working on it for the summer.

that's great! The animation is very good!

How did you do the egg splatter effect? did you just have a model of the splatter than place it inside the egg, and expand it at the right time?

Also, how did you get that semi-clay render? It looks very good

Thanks, the egg yolk is inside the eggs. i used a pose slider to deform the egg when it hits the ground (muscle mode)

The clay look is from yves skylight rig and not useing any specular on the model

Excellent stuff! Made me LOL. The lighting is beautiful as well; was that Skycast?

Thanks Zack, It wasn't skycast it was yves skylight rig with 25 lights. It wasnt bad though with such a simple model and set the animation only took 5 hrs to render.

What rig did you use.

that was a great little piece.

But I definately would like to hear what you used for a rig.

Mike, you either did not read my discription or I wasnt very clear or you are being sarcastic ;)

It was "David Simmons" squetchy thom rig :)

cool rig BTW

Good job, David. In fact, eggsquisite. Your moving holds are extremely well done.

I initially threw in a few critiques but I edited them out since you didn't ask for that (thought I was in WIP forum).

Great work overall. Eggcelent work, in fact. Sorry, but you knew one of us would stoop to punning.

Nos

Eggcelent work, in fact. Sorry, but you knew one of us would stoop to punning.

Nos

Sorry - get in line with bad puns - I believe Ken & myself were the first to discredit ourselves.

Ahh...I'm in good company then.

Nos

Thanks for the comments people

@ Nosferatu - You shouldn't have edited out your critique. I appreciate a good critique just as much as a good job :D

Here's the gist of what I wrote. I like your attitude of wanting to hear others' perceptions.

>>>>>>>>>

One thing that I noticed right away was that his entire body reacts to the 1st egg before he has a chance to process that there is something to recoil from. It might look cool to have his head move first to see the egg and then a split second after that his body would recoil.

Sound-wise, the sound of his footsteps sounds like shoes on a linoleum floor. A more muffled sound would fit the scenery better, and maybe a few "scratchy" sounds as his feet slide on the ground. And a loud thump for the last egg would add weight to it, but I suspect you did it without the sound on purpose..

<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks for showing us this inspiring piece of work.

Nos

Very cute!

Under critiques, the main thing I noticed is that all of your sound effects are in the left channel only - there doesn't appear to be any right-channel soundtrack. Even if the sound effects are mono instead of stereo, I would expect both channels to be active.

To be fair, I've seen other A:M shorts which exhibit this problem. I can understand how it occurs - the author reviews their work using computer speakers instead of headphones, and with a computer speaker system's typical lack of stereo separation it sounds perfectly okay when played back. This would have been caught if headphones were used exclusively when laying down & reviewing the sound tracks.

Other than that, the short worked very well. Your sense of comic timing is spot on and the yoke is impossible to miss :).