Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lonely Joe

This doesn't quite fit here, and it doesn't quite fit in WIP. I've finished the animation, but I'm still rendering--and will be for some time! The story came from a sound project I did in college a few years ago. Today I realized that it's easy to add pictures to my posts, so this is my second one of the night.

Comments/Crits welcome, but I can't change much at this point.

I've rendered in multiple passes and composited in photoshop. I'm compositing the final in after effects.

Cheers,

Matt

post-8-1113538598.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I just got done with a personal record on rendering time... 79:01:54. what it took for 22 seconds. Now I ony have a little over a minute more to render!

Here's another shot of Joe. A closer shot from one of his more contemplative moments.

enjoy, and thanks for all the comments.

matt

post-8-1114563697.jpg

I'll answer questions in revers order.

michael:I'm rendering Joe and the truck interior as .tga sequence, because it takes 15 minutes per frame, and I don't want to lose anything. The backgrounds are rendered as .mov, and I composite in after effects and put in the rain at that point.

ken: the iris is a texture, the pupil is a modeled hole in his eye. Outside of that I have another layer that is transparent except for a very high specularity to give the highlight.

pixelmech: mini movie contestt? I hadn't thought of it actually. I may. I still have about a minute and 20 seconds to render, so I may not have it done in time. I only have my own machine to render on, so I can't render all the time. But I will enter if I can.

Doug: I'll put another render of him up if I have time. He's also the star of my contest entry for mechanical a month or two ago, if you want to see him in a different environment.

happy splining!