Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

IT'S A UFO!!!!!!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want proper reflections then you will need to estend the background 360 deg around the object!

A 'cheat' is to add an environment map to the object (import and image, create a new material, change material to environment map and choose the image you imported then apply that to the object)

Cheers

If you want proper reflections then you will need to estend the background 360 deg around the object!

A 'cheat' is to add an environment map to the object (import and image, create a new material, change material to environment map and choose the image you imported then apply that to the object)

Cheers

The "object" meanin my space ship?

Actually the second pic you posted with the starfield looks pretty sweet. It doesn't look even remotely like a flying saucer but it has a cool planet halo look to it. If you could do somethng about the middle of it, it would make a pretty sweet pic.

Wade

As a visual reference for you, I was trying to find an image of the Martian saucers from the beginning of 'Mars Attacks!', but I couldn't find something detailed enough. Well, anyway, if you haven't seen the movie, you may want to rent it. I have a feeling it may guide you toward some of the suggestions being made here.

For a flying saucer I did once, I solved the detail problem by using the linoleum bump material and chrome material to the saucer part of it. Its important to have the chrome material first and then the linoleum bump material. The projection map on the linoleum material looks good when its set to repeat at 3 by 3. I also had the sky dome ambience at 100 percent.

For a flying saucer I did once, I solved the detail problem by using the linoleum bump material and chrome material to the saucer part of it. Its important to have the chrome material first and then the linoleum bump material. The projection map on the linoleum material looks good when its set to repeat at 3 by 3. I also had the sky dome ambience at 100 percent.

lets see it