Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Revenge Of The Gull

agep

After i finished the model of the Norwegian searescuevessel:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10846

I started on a BIG project. The Images and the trailer is a bit outdated (from early december), but gives a clue of how I'm doing. I'll be grateful for any comment

Just love AM :D (startet with AM october 2004)

Trailer TROTG

testrender (added 28.Jan.05)

test (wmv)

test (mov)

Some screenshots:

trotg1.jpgtrotg2.jpg

trotg3.jpgtrotg4.jpg

trotg5.jpgtrotg6.jpg

trotg7.jpgtrotg8.jpg

Have made every model myself from scratch except for the bouilding (heavily modified free model)

the free model:bygning.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, looking at the pic of the machine putting his suit on, it reminds me alot of Wallace and Grommit

You are not the first one to say that :) But when I made it I had not seen Wallace and Grommit... do anyone have good settings for volumetric?

I have done a testrender. Should I use depth of field? does depth of field increase or decrease the rendering time? used jeff lew's tut for the muzzleflame and bullettrail. the 7sec render tok 39 hours (15min pf)!!!! :(

test (wmv)

I'llbe grateful for any comments

The lighting on the character in the stills are a little too dark. I notice you are going for a night scene, but the character looks like he is in the background, not the foreground. I think a little ambient light in the scene may solve the problem, but I don't have much experience in lighting night scenes. Modeling looks great!

...one tiny suggestion.... If it is at all possible render your animations as AVIs or Quicktime Movies so everyone can see them....please. ;)

It's nice to have such a talented NORWEGIAN among us and I think your birdie looks GREAT. Wish I was as good as you.
Thanks (TUSEN TAKK) :) *blushing*

It was a bit stiff
I know, I am incompetent of making smooth actions! :P

If it is at all possible render your animations as AVIs or Quicktime Movies so everyone can see them....please.
here is one QuickTime Movie version:

test (mov)

I know, I am incompetent of making smooth actions! 

What do you thin *I* am? you gotta start somewhere and I think you've just about started the best place. Know a coupple of other norwegians using AM(two, actually) and one has made a CLOCK so faar and the other a flower... and that's just about the norwegian hashers I've heard about(luckely they don't use the forum, so they can't see what I type about them *njakk njakk* :P)

when do you think you'll be done?

when do you think you'll be done?
In a few moths hopefully.. 2 moths to prepare the short (some modelling and choreography left to do), then I have the rendering to do. Have estimated that the rendering will take about 7weeks (and thats for a 3min short), :(

Just looked in on this. An ambitious project! On the test renders when he jumps off the wall, you should pull his hips down closer to his knees and that will give him spring. Also, you should hold it for about half a second to give anticipation. Good work so far! Are you trying for the I AM short competition?

It's actually, really dark
I've noticed some say that.... but I belive my monitor are adjusted with normal brightness.... and I can see the picures and the movies clearly.... On the last rendertest i also increased the light a bit..

i cant imagine how you got that thing to run 14min for one frame. you got exactly the same specs as me (better vga card tho).

if it was 14min per frame if you were running multipasses, then it would be acceptable, but without....somethings definetly wrong.

what res you rendering to?

what res you rendering to
PAL (720*576)...

P.S. how'd you create the bullet-time effect
I made a static bullettrail with cylindrical materialeffectors that gradually reveals and hides the trail.. the bullettrail uses refraction, and the materialeffectors use transparency.. Like Jeff Lew did it

As I said: I love EVERYTHING I see in all of your test flicks, but his movement is still stiff... Im no expert, but I think you could easely make a cute walkcycle that would look a lot better and like some mentioned before: his knees! they need to bend more. that's all I can come up with :P