Sorry for the delay.
OK, it's like, stupid easy to do. Here are the steps and I'm assuming you know how to create and assign bones.
1) Once the model is done create two bones - one for each landing strut. Name them Strut-Left & Right or something simular so as not to get confused.
2) Create 2 additional bones and name them Retract and Rotate.
3) In the model window Rt click and select New -> Pose -> On/Off. This will open a new relationship window.
4) Go into Skeletal mode (F8) and for each strut bone, Rt Click New Constraint -> Orient Like and have the retract bone be the target. You'll see that however you now move the retract bone, the 2 strut bones will follow. Make sure you undo whatever movement you do.
5) In the same way assign a Rotate Like constraint for the struts with the Rotate bone as our target. The problem we have though is that all the bones are rotating in the same direction. There's an easy fix for this.
6) In the relationship window select the strut bone that you want to rotate in the opposite direction and in the PWS highlight Roll Like. Here's the key, in the properties window change the Roll Scale to -100. Now rotate the bone and they all should be rotating as they should.
There are more things you could do like adding expressions, assigning spherical constraints and sliders but this will get you going for now.
I've attached a sample mov & a new prj file for you to play with.