Hash, Inc. Forums
Wildsided

Dan's Newer Stuff

That was cute!

The client should be pleased!

19 minutes ago, robcat2075 said:

That was cute!

The client should be pleased!

Thanks, Robert, it wasn't a business/client transaction. I was just doing it because I like his science Yoshi avatar. He has asked for permission to use it in a video at some point and he and his community has been very kind with likes and retweets etc, is almost my most watched piece of content in less than 24 hours so getting some exposure at least.

Close enough!  🙂

I've been working on my kids' book project and modelled Bernie's best friend Eleanor 'Nellie' Aisling. Also, it seems that when I transferred all my A:M stuff from my old computer a few of Bernie's textures didn't make the trip. I'll fix all that eventually, anyway, I just thought I'd post this little W.I.P render.   

bernienellie1.png

Work in Progress of Bernie's teacher, Mrs Cassandra Burrows.

Mrs burrows0.png

I can almost hear her telling us to get our reading book out.

Not posted in a while so here's Bernie and Nellie hanging out in Bernie's W.I.P bedroom.

bernie's room light test180.png

Still, so much work to do, not to mention the fact I have to finish actually writing the first book. 

they don't make bedrooms big anymore, do they.

How did you do the rocks on the ground in the well scene?

38 minutes ago, robcat2075 said:

they don't make bedrooms big anymore, do they.

How did you do the rocks on the ground in the well scene?

I'm using my Granddad's house as a base for the one Bernie lives in and the room I have allocated as Bernie's really wasn't all that big, roughly 10ft x 10ft. There were 4 rooms on the second floor. A bathroom and 3 bedrooms. There were two pretty big rooms and that one little one that I assume was a guest bedroom (although granddad had a train set in there for a while when I younger.)

The cobble stone is a decal using a tile set I found online. It came with diffuse (colour), normal, height (displacement) set to 1000% and specular maps.

Does anybody know what I might have done to cause this? To my knowledge, I didn't change any settings and now all of a sudden Bernie and Nellie's faces are glowing.

bernie's room Light test weirdness.pngbernie's room light test180.png

I think it must have something to do with hair because without it on things look fine.bernie's room light test no hair180.png

Never mind, I fixed it. the choreography's glow value had somehow been set to 200% and when I set it to 0 the bright aura went away. This doesn't explain why models that didn't have any parts of them assigned to glow were glowing. But at least it's fixed for now.

Nellie was looking like Tinkerbell!

I was working on the décor for Bernie's room and decided he needed a sound system. At roughly the same time I remembered that this Special Topics section is called Ace.Co Entertainment. Sadly A.C.E has been defunct for quite a while now but I decided to let its spirit live on as an electronics manufacturer in the Bernie series. 

Introducing the Ace.Co Electronics MX-2006DNK 

Aceco Stereo180.png

That looks snazzy.

I'm wondering how we could make a more effective treatment for the transparent cover.

I'm wondering how we could make a more effective treatment for the transparent cover.

So I had a rethink and made the inner portion of the lid totally transparent but left the inner edges slightly visible in order to keep a sense that the lid has thickness to it.

Aceco Stereo top redo180.png

For anyone who didn't already know (like me) or might have been wondering. Hair is not effected by a displacement map. Displaced hair180.pngDisplaced hair on180.png

I finally got around to making a base male body. I've had a female one for a while and had been using a pretty crappy male for way too long. This new one can be manipulated a lot better than my old one.

Displaced hair on90.png

I saw that the prehistoric contest had been extended so I started working on a bit of something. This is the start of Tiny the baby Mammoth. He's a floof.

tiny0.png

ready for Christmas!

Thanks David. It had to be made in 2 parts and assembled afterward because my PC couldn't cope with the whole thing being 1 model.

Made with Treez?

I tried treez and although I'm sure you could make something similiar with it I kept making trees that looked more like branches. So I made a trunk and a 'branch' and then manually assembled a tree branch by branch.

But the more branches I added the more A:M or my system or both struggled to cope with it. To the point it became totally unworkable. So I spent a couple of hours removing 50% of the CP's in the 'branch' and started over. Even that didn't manage to get me a full tree. So in the end I chopped the top off the trunk and made the top of the tree in a separate model.

Can you show a wireframe of the wood part? It's hard to imagine that that alone is a problem.

Here's a wireframe of the bottom, top and branch

Bottom Half of tree0.pngTop Half of tree0.pngbranch0.png

Very cool.   Great mesh

I am revisiting my trees I created a few years ago.  I looked at how the trees were created in TWO.  The effects were great and the used emitters in several location with very low density to achieve great results.  

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Very cool.   Great mesh

I am revisiting my trees I created a few years ago.  I looked at how the trees were created in TWO.  The effects were great and the used emitters in several location with very low density to achieve great results.  

Cheers Steve.

I don't know how efficient it is, but I have 1 group called 'needles' made up of key points along each branch. I'd had it where each branch had a needles group of its own but it felt like over kill so I consolidated them all into 1 group.

Yup, that's a lot of twigs!

Made a little Christmas animation for the Youtuber I did the Yoshi on a Rocket animation for.