Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Keith Lango VTS Sale

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I'll note that Keith Lango is having yet another sale of his Video Tutorial Series... $29 for the whole schmeer!

Although he doesn't use A:M for his demonstrations most of the information and advice is directly transferable.

Some of the earliest entries in the series suffer from lo-res and lo-frame-rate screen capture software, the point he's making isn't always clearly conveyed, but the image quality improves with later ones and for $29... it's like you're getting the fuzzy ones for free.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I bought them when they were only $99 :lol:

I'll also note that they are not necessarily a sequence of instruction from start to finish. They are more like a variety of topics that he covers in semi-random order. But again, for $29, if just a few turn out to be useful to you, it's a bargain.

Keith's tutorials have been the most insightful animation tutorials I've ever watched!

I will second that 100 times!

I watched 1/night (1 hourish) for about 2 months, and looked forward to it every night. I bought the series for $99, and it was a great deal at that price. $29 is more than generous.

Not only highly informative, insightful, helpful, they are also very entertaining. Keith is an excellent, extremely likeable, humble, funny teacher, and the pace was usually more than right-on: not too slow, not too fast. The videos contained appropriate doses of info, always reinforced from previous video to next video. I watched them in sequential order (I recommend), and only skipped thru one series of videos (3?4?), when he was doing a particular project, start to finish, and it became tedious to watch him just click buttons (without the why). The other videos always explained principles, concepts, and also provided specific examples.

I found it helpful to take notes when watching, because with 60 hours (60 vids?), I knew I would probably want to go back and watch some "concepts" being explained from time to time. I also know given my learning style, I retain information better if I reinforce it by writing it down and seeing it in print.

Hmmmm - I just tried buying with PayPal and the whole transaction seemed to die....... Just ended up with a blank screen after authorising the payment! Will wait a while to see if any emails are generated/sent....

Cheers

David

David

I had a similar experience at first yesterday and, a bit worried about potential for fraud, checked with Paypal. The payment hadn't gone through so, I did it again, and it went through that time. I got an e mail from Keith within minutes of it going through and, after a bit of a kerfuffle, eventually got the message with all the download links on.

For some reason it wouldn't go through to me Ebay account address ( the one I use here too ), but did get through to a different address in the end. That is what I was refferring to about Mr Lango being a good bloke. He was very helpful.

regards

simon

After about 10 minutes I just refreshed the blank screen and it took me to 'Step 2'. I then completed the transaction and it seems to have worked (generated the paypoment at Paypal). Now just waiting for my download links.

Cheers

David

After about 10 minutes I just refreshed the blank screen and it took me to 'Step 2'. I then completed the transaction and it seems to have worked (generated the paypoment at Paypal). Now just waiting for my download links.

Cheers

David

David

I've successfully downloaded all the files but, a couple were slightly awkward and had to be redone to get them properly. That may have been operator error on my part though so your mileage may vary.

A couple had slightly wonky links because of added spaces in the address line. You'll notice them when you get the links list because, only half the address will be highlighted in blue. Its only a case of removing the added spaces and they should then work.

I wrote to Keith to point it out and he was going to change it. If yours got sent before the change (?) its very easy to correct. It must be if I spotted it.

regards

simon

• *A:M User*
How long is the sale on for?

I don't know, it may be the new price.

Well crud, looks like I missed the boat on the ultra-cheap price. I may still get them but may have to wait until after the holidays.

• *A:M User*
You snooze... you miss out!

I bet a sale will come around again, but $99 is a good price too.

Well, even though I was a day late and a dollar short, Mr. Lango kindly gave me the sale price when I tried Rodney's suggestion.

• Admin

Congrats!

There are so many videos in this collection that the real task will be to remember which ones you've viewed. ;)

So organization is key to getting the most out of Keith's videos.

I can't recall exactly what I did the first time through but in considering now (and it's time for me to watch the videos again!) I might place all the videos in a folder and then create a subfolder to drag and drop the ones I've watched into. I might further divide these folders into another that I wanted to go back and watch again in the short term because I want to apply the lesson to something I'm currently exploring.

I agree, it's key to keep track of the ones you've already watched. I simply started renaming the videos I'd watched, adding "watched" to the file name! but I still haven't gotten through the whole set. I guess I watched about 20 or 30 of them? I still haven't downloaded the whole set, it's an enormous undertaking, but completely worthwhile.