sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Boujou Camera tracking

thejobe

i was wondering if anyone has ever used this software to do camera tracking for A:M.

i want to use it for the next project but not sure what format i can use for exporting that A:M will take.

anyone?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used SythEyes to do this scene (the middle scene, where the guy walks thru the store) and it really saved my ass, because I didn't have a lot of time... and I had asked that the shot be a lock-off. Synth, as I remember... exported an A:M Project file that opened up with the camera moving and lots of nulls that sorta represent the scenery- however the axis was off, and the scale was wonked... once I sorted those issues out best I could I had a usable track that was WAY better than hand-tracking, with a little slippage here and there, could not attain PERFECTION.(I know because I initially tried hand-tracking my A:M camera to this scene.)

BouJou is one of the better(more expensive) motion trackers, the guys I worked with who used Maya had it and liked it... and I remember there were some scenes they just gave up on.

You might be able to find the free app called PF Track(thanks markw)... or something... it has been used successfully with A:M before too.

YOUTUBE LINK:

Belle_Tire_30_GLITCHSFIXED_small.mov

thats pretty cool!

i only ask boujou because i got a version of it from ebay on sale and someone told me its the best out there.

so i have it now and been using it but cant seem to find a way to get it to work in A:M. i really dont want to buy another one after buying this one.

I hope theres a way otherwise i have to use another program like maya or blender and i suck with those.

and PF track is $1600!!!!

thats pretty cool!

i only ask boujou because i got a version of it from ebay on sale and someone told me its the best out there.

so i have it now and been using it but cant seem to find a way to get it to work in A:M. i really dont want to buy another one after buying this one.

I hope theres a way otherwise i have to use another program like maya or blender and i suck with those.

and PF track is $1600!!!!

Can you export Inferno (RAW)-Data?

If so you may be able to use the camera-data in A:M.

See you

*Fuchur*

these are all the export file types i can do.

boujoucap1.jpg

Maybe u can use flame. Please try that first. I would use the oldest version available (5) first.

If that us not working try searching for a converter on the internet like camera-max to raw

See u

*Fuchur*

the Flame files didnt work at all.

i was able to go out to raw thru camera shake export. heres the file it made. not sure what to do with it.

car_track_Target_track_1.txt

Open a chor rightclick on the camera shortcut and import and raw. In the opening window select the file and opeen it.

Lets see if that works.

See u

*Fuchur*

I tried his file, no go. Suffexed it as a .raw and a .txt... A:M would'nt have it. The option under camera/import is 'Inferno.raw'... which means it might be ONE of the autodesk compositor file formats... flame, smoke, combustion, inferno...

the Flame files didnt work at all.

i was able to go out to raw thru camera shake export. heres the file it made. not sure what to do with it.

car_track_Target_track_1.txt

Open a chor rightclick on the camera shortcut and import and raw. In the opening window select the file and opeen it.

Lets see if that works.

See u

*Fuchur*

Yes, tried it too... A:M dont want to use it.

Another (free for non-commercial use) tracker is Voodoo. I am currently testing it... maybe it can help.... have to see if the file it generates will be taken by A:M.

See you

*Fuchur*

Just saw that Icarus is exporting to A:M (9.5, but may still work) natively:

http://www.colinlevy.com/tuts/IcarusTutorials/Icarus.php

> See this video tutorial. When he talks about Exporting you can see that there is the export-option for A:M 9.5-PRJ-file.

See you

*Fuchur*

Bad news, in the available version for Windows there is no Export-option for A:M anymore. And the others do not seem to work for it.

See you

*Fuchur*

• 2 weeks later...

Pixel Farm had a free version called PFHoe way back when, so you may be able to find that somewhere. I remember guys in the forum using Icarus with A:M, but I don't know how hard it was to implement.

Boujou is pretty hairy. I used it many years ago when 2D3 used to go to Siggraph. Their SteadyMove Pro plugin for video editors is still very useful.