Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My New Girlfriend

MJL

Up to now, I've pretty much been posting only still images, but this IS an animation forum after all.

So I'm starting a project. I've created my first character, I have the head complete, although there's gonna be a lot of tweaking yet to refine the head further. The body should be easier, hopefully.

Here's the sketch I used for rotoscopes and a turnaround of the head so far.

Character.jpg

Knuckles_McGurke_T36.jpg

Knuckles_McGurke_T.mov

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a chance to play this morning. This guy is Knuckles McGurke. the premise of the project is Knuckles on a webcam showing pictures of his new girlfriend to his old girlfriend. Still a lotta tweakin to do, but Im happy with the way he's coming along.

New_McGurke.jpg

New_3_4_McGurke_0.jpg

The voice in my head says: "Gotta go to the studio and get some work done." I mumble back to the void: "Just 5 more minutes, 5 more minutes." And now the Sun has gone down and my slowly spreading posterior has yet to leave my chair that lives in front of the computer. I am, however, happy with the results of the days playing. Now I get to go spend my Friday evening in the studio. :D

Knuckles_McGurke.jpg

3_4_Knuckles_McGurke0.jpg

Side_Knuckles_McGurke0.jpg

Using Alonzo's tutorial on how to make a character, I'm in the process of making a body for Knuckles.

In doing so, I've modeled my very first pair of hands. Yay!

Every time I get to feeling pretty good about it, the evil voice that lives in the back of my head, (you guy's have one of these too, don't you?) whispers into my inner ear: "Yeah, but you're gonna have to rig him soon! Muhahahahaha!)

But now at least, if somebody needs help, I can give them a hand! :D

Knuckles_Knuckles_0.jpg

It's taken me all weekend to accomplish what you "Big Dogs" do on your coffee break, but I'm having a blast.

Knuckles is coming along.

I didn't really model his "Package", but I thought the "Censor Bar" had a certain amount of humor

Fig_Leaf__Knuckles_.jpg

got the feet done and attached! My very first model is complete. Cept for that rigging thing!. I want to put in Mark's 2008 rig. It will obviously be a learning process.

Mark, did you ever make an installer for your face rig? That was very, very cool, and I'd like to put it in Knuckles if at all possible.

I plan on using this character in various things so I'll be studying Caroline's thread when she clothed Gala, I believe.

Didn't she make that a plugin?

Here's the feet I modeled and Knuckles in his Speedo's until I figure what clothes to put him in.

Two_Feet_Deep.jpg

Knuckles_Gonzales.jpg

I plan on using this character in various things so I'll be studying Caroline's thread when she clothed Gala, I believe.

Didn't she make that a plugin?

Well done Myron - it's great to see you modeling. You have talent, young man!

Yes Caroline made a "dress me" plugin, which works for certain situations. However, if you are planning on animating this lady, you would be better off making her clothes part of the model, rather than modeling them separately. Caroline's plugin takes the clothes models and constrains them to the body model. Hats, props can easily be modeled as separate - but lacey camisoles, mini-skirts or bloomers are more easily animated if they are rigged and modeled as part of the body model.

I can't wait to see your coutourier collection - available at Saks 5th Ave, I presume?

LOL, Thanks, Nancy,

The title of the thread (which is the title of the short) has probably mislead more than just yourself. :D

The curious world of the Transvestite will not be explored in this vid. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Knuckles is a thoroughly straight young man, and not a cross dresser as implied. Although he is a bit of a nebbish.

Storyline is him on a web cam showing pictures of his new girlfriend to his old girlfriend.

That's about all I can say without giving too much away.

I project it to be about a minute long and If I can match the image I see in my mind it should be hilarious.

All those Art Nouveau images paid off big time in modeling training. I'm quite pleased with Knuckles as a first character from concept to shaded render.

So, I'm sorry to disappoint you on the subject of his wardrobe. He's not getting my camisoles. :lol:

I guess I'll give him a pair of jeans and a t shirt before I rig him.