Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

antique fan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's looking nice so far. Whats the opening in the bottom front for?

looks to be a speed control on the bottom, hard to tell what the handle looks like because my reference pictures are poop.

There are a bunch of vent holes for the motor but I'll cheese those out with transparent maps :)

Thats just a rough render with stock lights, the original is black enamel and the grid spacing is what you see, nice and safe :0

I have a specular map that goes with this but not on in this render. Rather than use a global specular, I wanted to put in some dull spots especially around the rust areas. Still lots to do. Thanks for the compliments so far.

Textures are done but one problem.... the specular map doesn't work!

I have the spec map as white except where the rust is and all spec maps are just 24bit png files (no alpha) with the majority of them set at white, blackened areas around rust.

For some reason the spec map attributes aren't applied to the model :(

Maybe because I'm using 15d? is this a bug?

old_fan_draft2.jpg

Yeah, make sure you have spec turned on in the light in the chor. If it is, try setting specularity on the model itself and delete the decals to see if spec works at all in this file.

If that doesn't work make a new chor. Your old chor may be corrupted. If that doesn't work set up an entirely new project with your model including a new chor.

If that doesn't work...--- um, yeah.

Thanks

I just uploaded it to the exchange if anyone wants, I did rig it so blades are constrained, head can turn and crank works and also have the upper cord attached so it flexes as the head can pivot.

Feel free to tweak, bend, twist and dent it up.