Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Image

Alright in the past 2 days i have modeled this. i think i spent more time then i should have. but it doesnt matter cause i like how it turned out.

but i think it could be better if i just knew how to make better lighting.

i dont know though.

so if you have any tips about lighting. how i should light it up.

or any things you think should be changed its all being taken.

i wanna know what yall think..

Final.jpg

my intentions are to enter it in the heros image contest when the time comes. i expected it to take longer then it did.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
so if you have any tips about lighting. how i should light it up.

or any things you think should be changed its all being taken.

i wanna know what yall think..

Lotta stuff there!

Do you want it day time or night time? The sky looks daytime but the streetlights say nighttime.

Lotta stuff there!

Do you want it day time or night time? The sky looks daytime but the streetlights say nighttime.

You know i forgot about that.

i started out with a night scene. but things were easier to see with a more daytime light.

i guess i just forgot about the street lights.

whats your opinion on what i should do. should i do a night scene or a day scene?

they would both look cool

Very nice Totlover. You just keep getting better and better. Why not test out both night and day scenes. Use Yves skylight rig (if you havent upgraded) and also test out different light setups for a night scene.

I would vote for the daylight, only because you have a lot of models in the scene.

I say daylight too. That sky looks great then the foreground looks all muddy. Maybe lit a little pink from behind to suggest sunset, then a front light to relieve all those shadows. but I'd be interested in seeing how a sky rig looked, mainly because I'm about to try it out myself.

• Admin

With regard to the lighting... my suggestion... investigate Image Based Lighting (IBL).

You can adjust your scene much more easily, adjust from basic day to night and have considerable control over the detail the viewer can see.

IBL itself might not satisfy all your needs but it can provide a great starting place. Once the IBL is set, which takes less than two minutes(!), add as many lights/explore different lighting as you feel the need to refine and finish your scene.

Nice image!

IBLsetup.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Hash Fellow

use fuzzy kleig lights rather than sharp ones.

use fuzzy shadows rather than sharp ones.

And the sky... it still looks like a daytime sky but you have night time streetlights shining. that looks weird.

• 2 weeks later...