Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Quickie model for my day job

Here's a small piece I just completed for my day job, a schematic model of a plug-in room deodorizer. Started last Thursday and finished it today. Not technically a WIP since it's finished but I thought you'd like to see it.

924288_SCJ064_small.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Stian! It's a regular render composited with a toon render in Photoshop. Also rendered at a pretty high res (1920x1440) with a toon line of .5 which gives it a nice crispness. Some of the colors have changed and I rendered it in two poses, with the left array of bottles turned so we see their front. I'll post updates from work tomorrow.

Gerry

I wondered how you got that combination of regular rendering and crisp outlines. I'm going to have to master that technique. I will be writing a textbook and I intend to put hundreds of A:M illustrations in it.

I suppose you'll be wanting a cut of the royalties? :lol: (Don't quit your day job, it's a specialty book that may sell only 100 copies.)

Now, of course, to really wow the client, you're going to animate the parts rotating and then fitting together, right?

Thanks for the comments! I would be happy to do a quick tutorial on the render technique if there's interest. It's pretty straightforward, but I think sometimes I take my photoshop skills for granted. I'll try to post something in the next week or so.