Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rendering on a different PC

I was wondering is there a seperate rendering program out there so I could use a second PC just purely for rendering while I am animating on my main PC?

I know I can't install a second copy of A:M because I am using the subscription package. any ideas anyone?

C

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

There used to be such a program called NetRender, but it is no longer available. It was several hunderd $ so if you just need to render on one other PC, another $50 license would be more economical anyway.

Another option...

Enlist the aid of your friends. :)

If you got a n-core-system (so Quadcore-PC for example), I would recommend the advise from John.

While working with A:M, A:M will only use one core. Rendering can be done with more than one, but the best option is to open several instances and render with one or two, while working with A:M.

But(!) if you want to do that, never open more than n-1 instances of A:M. N stands for the cores you got (so if you got 4, only open 3 instances of A:M).

Webrenderer may become a solution, but till now it is not available for public projects, only for TWO / SO.

*Fuchur*

Although i have 2 computers but 1 AM software, i do my work in the day time and do the rendering at night ( about 8 hours) when i donot have to work with AM.

Then if it gets to the net morning, i just research for my next scene. This could be an option for you too.

Well,

I have a Dual core system - I did wonder wether it just used the one core, so I think I'll do a mixture of things I'll render on one copy animate on the other and when I go to bed leave the PC running, rendering.

Thanks guys

• 2 months later...

Ok, just to sum up:

There is no way at this time to farm out rendering to other computers. (Computer A starts frame 1, computer B does frame 2 and whichever is ready first does frame 3, etc.)

You can use another computer to do stand alone rendering by getting an additional AM license then opening the project there for rendering.

Do I have it right?

There is no way at this time to farm out rendering to other computers. (Computer A starts frame 1, computer B does frame 2 and whichever is ready first does frame 3, etc.)

If you get to the point where it's worth it, there's a $500/year NetRender license that works over a network dolling out frames to many computers.