lomvuho

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Since you can click and drag on those number boxes to rotate a group, I think those should be displaying updated numbers as you rotate. report that as a bug to AMreports.

I dont' have V15 yet so I can't test to see it it is fixed in V15.

importances parameters Translate, Scale, Rotate possible to see only the action during performing.

After cessation of the performing the action,the parameters Translate, Scale, Rotate, will newly show importances 0-0-0

This complicates installing the chosenned group on exactly given coordinate.

Advise please as I can hear corner of the tumbling of the selected object?

importances parameters Translate, Scale, Rotate possible to see only the action during performing.

After cessation of the performing the action,the parameters Translate, Scale, Rotate, will newly show importances 0-0-0

I think this is not a real bug, but a basic decission how to handle things.

In modellingmode everything is just shown in a relative, not in an absolute way, which isnt bad in some circumstances, but should be toggleable. There is the "Global"-Button in the toolbar (next to bias-handle-buttons) which could handle that very well (I often tried to use it, but it doesnt work in that way in the modelling-window), but it just doesnt do it in modelling-mode.

I dont like it without the possibility to switch the modes neighter... it would be nice to do it in another way by saving rotations/scale/etc. values with the groups (pivot-settings for example can be saved).

And if you want to get Global "0 / 0 / 0"-cordinates again, create a new group with the same CPs in it and delete the old one.

Sounds quite logical to me.

I recommand to use the "Show Manipulators Properties"-Button next to the "Bias-Handler"-Button which is next to the Rotate / Scale / Translate-Buttons.

Now you can see how much you rotate something much faster. Now, if you rotate something for example for 5° degrees, you just have to remember that value and if you want to undo it, you can rotate -5° back.

There is although an option which can help you much here: Go to "Options->Units->Rotate snap angle".

This value will limit the "steps" you can rotate with. If there for example is a value of 5 degrees, you can only rotate in 5 degree-steps (so 5, 10, 15, 20, etc.)

With this you can easily set the roation back visually to 0° without any problems.

Translation however can be shown for groups with the "Pivot-Settings" in the "Show Manipulators Properties"-Box.

this is very likely the translation in a global way of a group. (Only visible when you defined a group).

What you know have to do is, to set the Offset-Values (NOT the pivot-values) in a way, that the pivotvalues go back to "0/0/0" (or whatever you wish).

So if you got a X-Pivot-Value of "27cm" you just have to set the X-Offset-Value to "-27cm" to go back to "0cm" here.

I know it is all just a workaround here, but I dont know another way.

*Fuchur*

Just thought I might add this bit of information here if it helps....

Just in case you may want to find the absolute value positions of where each control point is at, you could open up the splines folder and the 3D positions (XYZ) of each CP (control point) will be found. Not the relative but, absolute value positions. You will not see any 0-0-0 here unless that's what you want.

This can be a tedious adventure if there are many control points in a model and difficult to keep track of what is what. It IS, however, the next step in going deeper into exactly where each control point is at any time.

It's the same info that the "Show Manipulator properties" function will give you but, presented in a different way.

I just thought I would include this in case you didn't know.

You can also edit these XYZ values directly and edit your model directly, if you choose to.