Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

MAN an' BEAST

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That model is difficult to rig. Great job Kelley. Looks fantastic.

Thanks Dhar. Actually, there's less there than meets the eye. Sort of a minimalist rig. I've yet to get my head around all the Balance Bones and Controllers in, for example, the 2001 Rig that ships with A:M. So I install bones as I always imagined them to be...and they work pretty well. When they don't, I work around.

In this instance, all Beast has to do is amble around slowly as the Sentinel mutters aloud to himself. The Sentinel only has to move from the waist up, and, even then, not very much. The camera will do most of the moving.

BEAST_RIG.jpg

Looks great so far, although the lighting could use some work. Right now the creature is kind of blending in with the background.

Zayrin: Good point. Here's another shot with the only spotlight swung around.

Dark Limit: I assume you are referring to the rocks. Which are definitely low-res...both in the mesh and texture. I hastily built the rock by using the Magnet Tool on a 100x100 grid. The final will be different. And the textures were [again, hastily] applied in one application which leaves them smeared on some surfaces. The texture is a Homo Habilis skull fossile downloaded from the 'net. All you can get from that is 72dpi.

SENTINEL_04_FINAL_2.jpg

I guess the final pic will some more athmosperic effects, right?

Don't rightly know. At the moment, our Sentinel is on an large arid astroid erratically orbiting a huge Jupiter-like gas giant which is the only companion to the last red-dwarf star at the edge of the Universe. There must be some atmosphere. Our guy has to breath. But beyond that I'm open to suggestions.

• Hash Fellow

I'm looking forward to seeing your film. looks like lots of cool stuff is going into it.

In this view, I'm having trouble figuring out how his left thigh is attached to his body. The body looks like it's too far on the other side of the saddle for the leg to be as far front as it looks to be.

The body looks like it's too far on the other side of the saddle for the leg to be as far front as it looks to be.

Robcat: Here's a composite of the Trooper lifted out of the saddle [and at a slightly different perspective]. Should give a better view of what's going on. There's not a lot of detail on the saddle under his butt, but then, he nevers gets off Beast. [seems I also lost a few textures on the equipment boxes behind him.]

TROOPER_composite.jpg