Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Every robot needs a car...

starving4rtist

Some of you might remember this little guy:

robo6.jpg

I'm making an animation with him for my film class this semester. He needs a battery powered car for the animation, so I started making it. Only the back has been worked on...it'll have 4 wheels when it's done. Textures have not been worked on at all.

robocar1.jpg

comments, suggestions?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This IS Awesome :). Nice mechanicl modeling. Did you use booleans on the mack engines or is that all modeled?

Also I think you should have a resting area underneath the batteries so it looks like something is holding them up. I would also extend the front a little to give the front more counter-balance.

Nice job.

First off, I love your Robot. He's awesome.

Second, he's got one hot set of wheels for picking up the fem-bots. Nice original design. The batteries, the motor, the wires to the terminals on the motor. All good!!

Keep us posted, I definitely want to see him in motion in this beast. B)

Very neat. I get the impression that your robot is on the toy scale. I like that '50s ERECTOR set look on some of your models. As you know from the average age of the list here that that old toy look carries great appeal. :)

There are lots of construction type toys your robot could use as props. What can a smart little robot do with Tinker Toys, Legos and such?

• Hash Fellow

Wonderful designs! I wish I were a 4 inch robot.

If it's a hovercraft, what's the drive belt from the motor gonna be for? ;)

I vote for wheels. It will add to the apparent reality of the device more than some unexplained levitation. The wheels can have cool fenders though.

Wonderful designs! I wish I were a 4 inch robot.

Hehe! The little robot got carpet burns on his new ride. Maybe he hit the cats litterbox.

I like the contrast of the flat gray to your shiney robot. I'd consider keeping it that way thoughout the production.

A:M problems: Did the alpha8 expire?

Someone posted a registry fixer to remove the bad keys. You'll have to do a forum search to find it though. If you are comfortable working with the registry, uninstall A:M and do a search for animation master and delete them. Reinstall A:M.

Very nice!

How about using pens with erasers as the steering mechanism/rods and maybe a zippo lighter (the leather covered ones) as the seat back, just to reinforce that 'made at home' feel?

Anyway, i hope you'll post more as your project progresses. ..

(great, now I want to go and make something...stupid job gettin in my way again.... )

-Drakk

I must say that I am truly jealous of your work. I love the robot and his new hover craft. I do wish I could create a character like that, but my skills are limited. I would love to know how you created him and how you came up with him.

Sincerely,

Robert Fiermonte