sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hash vac

Hi fellow hashers,

I have included a very low quality render ( 2 passes ) of the new hash vac. The animation was done entirely with the newton plugin by using various fans of positive and negative magnitude ( suck and blow ) to move the caveman through the vac. I have attached a green light to the caveman model so you can follow his path through the vac. Like I said low budget render but hope you enjoy and a big...huge thankyou to Steffen Gross.

Look out Hoover , Hash is king!

and in the vortex house there is another low quality scud render of the vortex force and newton - its twister all over again!

newton_vac.mov

vortex_house.mov

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

That's a wonderful looking character! Some sort of mad-scientist-time-travel-shrinking-wormhole story seems to be in the works.

I have one thought about the glassware... try using a different material on the inside surface of the glass. the gradient on the inside is making it look another layer of glass rather than glass with thickness.

I wasn't trying to achieve any "look" with it and it is double hulled to avoid any geometry intersections as the caveman model is fairly complex for newton to handle thats why the " glass " looks funny. Setting up a model's that require physical interaction requires some trial and error as sometimes the model might get stuck due to small inner radius tubes and sharp bends. It's kind of like designing a real vacuum cleaner.

how many fans of each did you use, and did you have to put them all side by side? to make them carry thru like that? I guess I am thinking in terms of real world physics. That why I am asking these questions.

If you look at the end of the render all the white cylinders in the mesh are fans. There are quite a few but most of mine overlap each other to ensure that the models would make it through the vac's tight bends. You can get by with fewer if you set the magnitude of individual fan's to a high setting in order to " catapult " your model through using residual momentum - it's all trial and error really.