Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Droid Starfighter WIP

After the sucsess of my jedi starfighter, iv decided to go back and fix up some of my previouse models

My old droid starfighter was badly done. i made in only one day. and didnt care about and detail.

What i have so far on my new droid starfighter has taken me almost a week

As usual, feel free to give any coments you wish and let me know if im doing anything rong. or if somehting can be better

Before:_____________________________________After:

post-8907-1147017190_thumb.jpg

post-8907-1147017214_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea give us one i could use better mechanical modeling knowledge to help make my tripod look more menacing i have seen a lot of mech modeling tutorials that do ok results but none have come close to you

I think he also wants a shaded wireframe...and so do I. You can do that by pressing the zero key on your keyboard and then take a screenshot. It's better than pure wireframe because it's less confusing when you don't see the splines behind the splines.

Also, how did you start that shape? Did you begin with a primative?

I think he also wants a shaded wireframe...and so do I. You can do that by pressing the zero key on your keyboard and then take a screenshot. It's better than pure wireframe because it's less confusing when you don't see the splines behind the splines.

Also, how did you start that shape? Did you begin with a primative?

that is shaded wire frame. just the model is black

i started with a circle.. then streched it into the front view shape.. then i lathed it. and used distortion to bend it into the chape it is

well jedi...yes u do

A:M had learnt me that it's a good thing to do your model with the lowest patch count number...A:M isn't a ploly modeling software and u can have nice and smooth curves from a simple number of CPs on a spline...good for not making ur model so complecated and also for render time..

i'm a littel buzy with my car modeling tut...my next project will be modeling the UFO robot GRENDIZER...have u ever heard about him??

i'm very proud of ur models...looks very very very very very very great...only...if u try to lower the patche count...u r the guru of mechancal modeling man....(( waiting for a tut buddy )) :)

well jedi...yes u do

A:M had learnt me that it's a good thing to do your model with the lowest patch count number...A:M isn't a ploly modeling software and u can have nice and smooth curves from a simple number of CPs on a spline...good for not making ur model so complecated and also for render time..

i'm a littel buzy with my car modeling tut...my next project will be modeling the UFO robot GRENDIZER...have u ever heard about him??

i'm very proud of ur models...looks very very very very very very great...only...if u try to lower the patche count...u r the guru of mechancal modeling man....(( waiting for a tut buddy )) :)

my amount of slines never ocured to me before. i dont add as many as i do for detail and smothness.. just so if i need extra spines and points they r there.. alot of my extra points are for colouring soemthing.

never heard of grendizer before but i looked it up and it looks cool

P.S. whats tut? lol sorry for my cluelessness

luckbat...do u mean that a model with 3000 patches will be rendered as a model with 300 patches?

mechanical modeling is a big challenge in A:M....very few modelers could manage it in A:M...i'm still having a bad time in beveling edges, smoothing curves.......no polys...no smooths....manual work.....hard isn't it????

but u know what??...............it taste good.....the challenge....u r going ahead to take the lead of this type of modeling for us (( the beginners modelers ))

keep the good work up buddy.....u deserve my respect.

luckbat...do u mean that a model with 3000 patches will be rendered as a model with 300 patches?

mechanical modeling is a big challenge in A:M....very few modelers could manage it in A:M...i'm still having a bad time in beveling edges, smoothing curves.......no polys...no smooths....manual work.....hard isn't it????

but u know what??...............it taste good.....the challenge....u r going ahead to take the lead of this type of modeling for us (( the beginners modelers ))

keep the good work up buddy.....u deserve my respect.

not alot of my curves are smoothed.. alot of them have 90 degree anlges with isnt really acurate.. i didnt think anybody would notice thats why. honestly if i didnt have a dead line and lots of models to make id be spending alot more time on these models and making sure every little things is done right

ok luckbat.....what slows down rendering time?

Everything else.

the image is good....u have a powerful processor...mine is 1.7...lucky

Greg Rostami rendered that, not me. My own machine is a dual-2.7Ghz.