Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

It's GoldSmith Time!!!!!!!!

I finished my GoldSmith beetle model, textured it, rigged it and put it it into a scene. And the render was so stink'n cool (Or atleast that's what I think) I put it up for you guy's to feast your eyes on. I mean if I didn't know for sure that I would break my nose and anything else possible to brake doing a back-flip, I would be doing them all around the room right now. Tell me what you think. I wnat to here your comments and crits. But know that changes won't take place, because now that I'm done with this render I'm moving on to other projects. ;)

P.S. This scene was done using one light and no radiosity. Yeah, I can't figure it out either. :unsure:

post-8-1118378904.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo!

Isn't that the best feeling in the world? When you do something like this and it surprises even YOURSELF!

Nothing like it in the world. It happens to me too... I finish something and think...

"who the heck did that? Couldn't be me! The render elves must have snuck in and did this!"

Beautiful image. Has a very realistic "out door" lighting feel to it.

You will have to give us some behind the scenes info on that tree... I like that tree. Is it splines? bump? Displacement?

Vernon "!" Zehr

That beetle reminds me of something... Beetle, egypt... the... what? Um... A mummy? Eh... RUN! AAAH! SQASH THE BEETLE! ARRRGH! *pant*

*pew* Safe...

Nice bug, neat texturing and nice lighting. Just make sure it doesn't get under your skihihihiiiiin... (I crack myself up)

Darn :o that is impressive ;) you have managed to get an very nice sun effect, and that with one light! Very realistically looking. Nice use of DOF also. Please tell us about the render (time. multipass and so on), also an wireframe would have been cool to see

The wires will come soon (It's late now). The render time was a little over 50 min. The tree was just a simple high res cylinder with a displacement map for the larger features of the bark and a bump map for the more detailed ones. THough it was very nice the leafs to the lower right side of the screen, the ones covering the beetle's leg, was bothering me. So I've got a newer one on the burner with the leaves in a lower spot. And it will be up soon. Thanks for all your comments!