sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

last thing I worked on

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice work! His face looks like a photo of something from a wax museum. One thing though is his hands. The grooves between his fingers are too deep and they go too far back. The thumb could have a little bit more meat were it attaches to the hand as well. Other than that, Man you rock!!!

Just an idea but I thought it would be funny if your short was how he got his hump and ugly face . At the start he would be normal looking then he could be lighting his candles and burn himself and either jump up and hit himself on the ceiling or beams and when he comes down he looks like quasi moto.

Just my two cents hope you don't mind

Yeah thats a nice idea... maybe I could even create a facial pose and paste mirror his better looking facial side onto the uglier (if thats possible) facial side so I wouldnt have to re-model anything. Think I might give that a try to see what the face looks like when symetrical.

Charles Laughton's version has remained my favorite of the Hunchback movies, the less said about the Disney version - the better. Charles Laughton managed to really portray the humanity of the character. And the last scene in the movie has always been one of my favorite movie scenes.

Sure, you could do the humor bit and maybe get a few laughs, or you could strive for something more. You've modeled the character very well. How about showing us some of his humanity.

Getting people to laugh is fairly easy, getting people to really connect with the character - that's what sets apart the greatest animators.

In any case, nicely done.

Steve P.

• Admin

Looking Good!

It's definitely great to see you sharing your imagery with the A:M Community again. Your choice of subject matter is facinating as well. I find it interesting that the masters of animation are confident enough to take on the harder subjects. Example: The Hunchback's assemytrical walk and appearance. I'm sure taking the hard route is sure to be more work but the payoff will be most rewarding.

Its great to have you back.

Makes me want to smile! :)