Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Anybody recognize this little sprite?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a L/R handed flashlight?

Ummm... If you turn it up the other way it's one of those contraptions where you

have to click the trigger to snap a ball up into the air and then catch it in the basket?

Hmm ... it's the base of a lamppost with an integral bubblegum machine and litter bins?

It's a battery operated plunger with handy view port?

Have I won yet? :)

Mystery Science Theater 3000

No longer in production...

It was an absolutely hysterical cable show about this guy trapped on an asteroid with two robots. He was forced to watch horrible B movies (mostly sci-fi) by these evil scientists. Then he would report back on them.

While the actual movie played, he and the two robots could be seen in silhouette at the bottom of the screen in the front row of like a movie theater. They would heckle and make comments about the movie as it played.

The first host of the show was the best. They replaced him later and it sort of died. They made it into a movie... which is ironic really.

This is very funny. I do this myself when I watch movies... not in the theater of course. I only did that once during Matrix Revolutions... I screamed out in one scene towards the end "Die already! Why won't she just die!". I was applauded by the other six people in the theater... it was a very long scene.

Vernon "!" Zehr

MST3K was on Comedy Central for several years until it was picked up by the Sci-Fi channel but prior to that a lot of the original cast left and it lost a lot of the chemistry that made the show great.

If you ever get a chance to rent a MST3K video do it!! You won't be sorry. In particular if you see a movie called "Manos, the Hands of Fate" get it. It's one of the worst movies ever made and I laugh myself sick every time I see it. Especially the 10 minute driving scene.

You will laugh the hardest you've laughed in a long time.

Here's what FreeDictionary.com has yo say about MST3K.

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/MST3K

I love Tom Servo!!!!! Now you need to make a Crow T. Robot, and of course Gypsy!! (Joel was a better host than Mike too).

What cracked me up about that show is that we used to do that stuff in high school and college way before the show hit the air.

Btw, I did see a site somewhere where they had the instructions on how to build Tom.

Also, Tom did make a cameo appearance in "Troops".

Nice work so far! Did you make the model of Bender in your Avatar?

Greg

I totally forgot that Tom did a cameo in Troops. For those who don't know what we're talking about here's a link. It was a Star Wars fan film using the style fo the Fox TV show "COPS".

My Bender avatar is part of a work in progress I started about a month ago. Here's what I have so far.

bender2.jpg

You know, Futurama could be considered Sci-Fi. Maybe I'll finish this for the contest.

You need waay more beer and the couch should have a bender-sized dent. I'm talkin' beer everywhere. Anyplace in view. Just put a bunch of beer there. And something bugs me. Why is only one arm striped? Where's his door on his stomach?

These are just suggestions.... But I think you should.................................

What?!?

BTW, here's an update on Tom.

tom2.jpg

I've got to finish his slinky arms and his hands. I hate doing hands because I really stink at them!!!

My Bender avatar is part of a work in progress I started about a month ago. Here's what I have so far.

You know, Futurama could be considered Sci-Fi. Maybe I'll finish this for the contest.

I modeled this Bender about 6 months ago. It's what got me back into A:M!

That is a great Bender. How'd you do the mouth sound waves?

Thanks, guys!

I made the mouth/teeth initially with a decal, but I wanted him to be able to talk. I made two toruses (torii?) for the horizontal lines or lips, and thin cylinders for the vertical lines, or teeth. I made pose sliders for the mouth shapes as best I could. I used the phoneme shapes from the TAOA:M book.

I really dislike the arm rigs as I can only use IK with them (wow-I really thought FK was too hard!); they wind up looking like Muppet arms :( I made the tradeoff to be able to get the bendy, rubber hose look to Bender's arms/legs. I may revisit the rig in the future to see if I can clean it up some.