sprockets Hans Donuts Featured USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Water droplet

Vash

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found some glitches in the natural physics of your droplet onto the water...the middle wouldn't just splash, as the rest of the puddle would slightly ripple as reaction to the droplet hitting the surface, due to the breaking of surface tension and the force of gravity on the droplet

lol..wanted to try some scientific explanation

Thanks for the physics lesson Jamagica. :angry: But no seriously. Could you get me a description of how the after droplet(s) should look? How many? Where should they land? If I could see a slow motion of a drop of water coming down then splashing I could enhance this animation.

I'm trying to build up from the root. You know, trying to add as I go. But something horrible happened :blink: ... It won't render!!!! Sometimes, it comes up with the message circularity found... But other times it won't... either way it still closes on frame 2!! Could anybody tell me whats wrong!? Please tell me if you have the same problem on your computer. I don't want to remake this!! I've included a copy of the project:

WaterPrj.prj

Here is a link to a simple plugin for water effects that might be useful.

If you like a reference, I have also attached a movie of a somewhat realistic water splash. (Thanks to Fabrice Favé for letting me use his Caustics setup. :) )

Test01.mov

Edited by aaver

That looked much better...it just seems that something would be happening to the outside rim of the actual puddle at that much force. it probably would actually expand a bit or the outside would splash outward, settle down, then slowly come back inward again...how did you do that? I'd like to try an experiment with this

Hey I saw that awhile back. Looks nice. But could anyone render the choreography from my project. It would close on me on frame 2. I want to know what's wrong. When you said that seems much better were you talking about my prj? Does that mean it rendered fine on your computer?

hard to say whats wrong with the project you don't have models embedded in project file so all there is an empty project.... open project check info on each model and make sure embed in on then save otherwise you have to zip models with project

John