Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Haunted House Interior

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TC - The haunted house is intended for a pilot for a proposed kids series. Fingers crossed :D

Daniel - Yes the candle flames/smoke will be sprites and I will affect the lighting of the scene.

John - It is the knight from the Hash cd. One of the `stand ins` I mentioned :)

I`ve been working on spider webs. Infact in the original render I had the camera looking through a web but I didn`t like it. I painted the web and applied it to a patch. If anyone has a better way of creating webs I`d be very interested.

Daniel - For the flame lighting effect I shall probably place a light near the candle and just `flicker` it over time.

Jack - Thanks, I will try and keep motivated. My priority now is to complete storyboards and create an animatic so I know exactly what I`m doing. ;)

Wow! Nice stuff Dale - do you wanna help me build the inside of Witchy Pegs house by any chance? ;)

I think that Zaryin is right and it needs to be a little colder perhaps by eing blued up. It looks a little too cosy at the moment.

As for spider webs I had some success by making them outta splines and then rendering them as lines. They don't look too good close up but in the distance they are OK. Here is one I did earlier, I think it needs a materials applied to it:

Spiders.jpg

Gazzamataz - Hopefully one of us will have success with our project and can employ the other. Hint hint :D The house will be darker. I`m going to keep it `green` I think. I will have a go at creating webs the way you stated. I`ve never rendered as lines before.

Looks great so far! I like how you distorted everything, makes it look more creepy...

Thanks. I really don`t like the perfect look of most CG which is my main reason for eliminating most straight edges.

I'd like to see some closer and larger renders though so I can see everything more clearly.

What, and show how poor my modeling really is ;) Which bits do you want to see?